1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thank you for having me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pgwhalen, May 16, 2017.

I joined this site yesterday and pure to form I jumped right into business. I completely missed this introduction forum, but better late than never.

I'm a life-long writer who did so mostly for my own enjoyment most of my life. In 2008 I realized I didn't have to pen the "great American novel" in order to earn money writing. Taking part in this craft as a paid writer has been a welcome outlet for my passions of writing, reading and history.

I've recently convinced myself that I really should take my writing to the next level and make a more professional approach to making this a career rather than a hobby. At this point in my life such a jump can be a little intimidating, but I am loving every minute of it.

pgwhalen, May 16, 2017 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice introduction from you and welcome pgwhalen! kindly start a new thread concerning your business in the related field.

KylieSweet, May 18, 2017 IP
  3. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice to meet you and welcome to this forum. Do you have any tips on how to write SEO friendly article?

xendurinan, May 19, 2017 IP
  4. pgwhalen

pgwhalen Member

Best Answers:
    I know that there are a dozen people who will disagree with me for every person that does agree with me, but SEO friendly articles mean something different to me. I have been creating websites since the beginnings of the internet and began blogging before there was a word for it. At one point in my life I committed a huge amount of time to better understanding SEO. Just as I became confident with my methods, they changed theirs. I learned again, and again they changed their methods.

I gave up trying to chase the eternally moving target, but my websites still remained ranked at the top of searches. I believe that I was able to do so wasn't because I stuffed my articles or sites with keywords. Rather it was good content that was subject focused and relative to my audiences. I became an known authority on the things I wrote about and received inbound links from other reputable sites.

I realize that competition is far greater today and SEO knowledge is an absolutely huge advantage. However, SEO is not my end goal. I have clients that prefer SEO centric articles and require the use of predetermined keywords. My goal is to write great content that reaches their readers personally. The keywords and their placement in the articles are a value-add, but without great content the keywords are insignificant.

pgwhalen, May 19, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True, if people spent just as much time writing quality content their SEO would not need that much tweaking.

qwikad.com, May 19, 2017 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I've found the same thing. In my experience, if I just write what I feel about the subject giving honest and quality information Google tends to bless my pages with visitors. Those times when I tried to pay attention to SEO techniques as I wrote, my visitor numbers dropped off.

These days I just let the words flow without focusing on SEO. Seems to work well for me.

JoeSpirit, May 20, 2017 IP