1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which domain name would you choose?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by qwikad.com, May 18, 2017.

If you could pick one or the other, what would be your choice?

ApplyTodayJobs.com

JobOptimist.com

Thanks!

qwikad.com, May 18, 2017 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Big words like Optimist tend to confuse many people because they are not part of their everyday vocabulary. Basically, use the KISS standard and keep it simple.

mmerlinn, May 18, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You are kidding, right?
    Optimist, optimistic, optimisim are words used all the time in news reports about the economy etc. Sports people are optimistic about their chances etc.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. Down here most school kids at about 10yo and 11yo go through a program called Waterwise where they learn to sail an Optimist so they know the word from that and then just learn the original meaning.

I'd go with joboptimist
    applytodayjobs sounds very ESL and the kinds of jobs you apply for immediately are the crap, minimum wage jobs. The good jobs require some thought, a customised cv, a proper appllication letter and are jobs for those optimistic about their future and the future of the company they choose to work for.

sarahk, May 18, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am leaning towards JobOptimist myself. Although ApplyTodayJobs has some urgency in it which can be good.

I didn't purchase a domain name over the last 4-5 years, I couldn't believe how freaking hard it is to find ANYTHING half intelligent or good sounding. And I am not about to pay $5K-10K for a one word domain name not knowing if the site is going to take off. It's maddening to see all these people sitting on good domain names in hopes they can sell them for a big buck. Just drop them stupid. Nobody is going to pay even 3K for a domain name in this environment (you know, constant algo updates, crazy competition, over-saturation, etc.).

qwikad.com, May 19, 2017 IP
  5. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also prefer the JobOptimist.com one as it sounds better to me. But you should also think for which market are you going to use that domain, UK, US, etc. And maybe check what is more popular there. For example, I have checked and found one available - JobSearchUK.org but it's only for the UK. It's not the best, of course, but at least it has over 15,000 keyword searches per month which is a really good start. One other is JobSearchOptimist.com which has the "job search" keyword in it and it is searched over 202k times per month. But as I said earlier I don't know what is exactly your goal. You are right that nowadays it's really difficult to find a good domain name as many people are only registering to get some crazy profit, but 90% of them or even more, are just wasting their time and money. But that is the situation these days.

Allen James, May 21, 2017 IP
  6. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would also prefer JobOptimist, it has the word "job" as the beginning so it's more value than other (in Job search niches). IMO

daica85, May 22, 2017 IP
  7. Branko Jovanovic

Branko Jovanovic Banned

Best Answers:
    Well then go with JobsApplyToday

Branko Jovanovic, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  8. BuffyRK

BuffyRK Member

Best Answers:
    I think JobOptimist has a better rhythm to it. It also sounds a bit smarter lol the other one is pretty mainstream

BuffyRK, Jul 3, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  9. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Second one for me.

webhost.uk.net, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. I went with JobOptimist.com It's now up and running.

qwikad.com, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  11. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes that's nice option. JobOptimist.com is looking branded domain.

hiuufji, Jul 4, 2017 IP