1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server recommendation for my website

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Warhawk, Apr 3, 2017.

Hello,

I have a forum website(invision board) and need some inputs to select a dedicated server.
    My forum has 8 million posts (Including posts and topics) in total.
    Right now i am using Xeon 5260 2 bay chaisis
    12 gb ram
    400 gb SD
    I just want to know how can we determine the server configuration ..based on what factors?
    Current issues i am facing is database table crashes....

Thanks

Warhawk, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  2. Teddor

Teddor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is a good idea to speak to web host's representative to make sure that you'll receive exactly what you need.
    On the account of the fact, I would recommend hostwinds if you want to get affordable servers. Many people appreciate their work.

Teddor, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  3. LusoVPS

LusoVPS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me Uptime and Speed, Support and Price are very important factors when choosing a right web host. Would also prefer a cpanel host.

LusoVPS, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  4. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd definitely recommend upgrading to a newer server with a processor that isn't 10 years old and one that has a higher clock rate CPU as mysql works much much better with high clock rate CPU's than lower clocked ones. I'd also suggest either going with full solid state drives (SSD) or seperating up your mysql and web server if you use a lot of space. Such as 2 x 1TB drives in raid-1 for your webserver, site data, etc. And then use 2 x 120/240GB SSD in raid-1 for your operating system, main files, and database. What are you currently paying for your server that is 10 years old?

SolaDrive, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  5. Nagib Mahfuz Plabon

Nagib Mahfuz Plabon Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Latest Xeon Processor i.e. E3/E5 Series with Optimization of MySQL. Also you can use Raid Setup & SSD Disks for better performance. You should choose a Better network provider. You can google or search over the internet to get this.

Nagib Mahfuz Plabon, May 12, 2017 IP
  6. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why? He isn't having network issues. The database crashes are most likely due to lack of memory.

SolaDrive, May 13, 2017 IP
  7. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You said your forum got about 8 million posts. I wonder where have you been previously hosted? Perhaps and most likely you can have beter solution from your current provider?

Gagsburg, May 25, 2017 IP
    rumsfo likes this.
  8. harry_v

harry_v Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dual CPU - Xeon E3/E5 will be the best option for you. Also, you did not mention monthly traffic, bandwidth requirements etc.. You will have to consider these while selecting the best config for your site.

harry_v, Nov 23, 2017 IP