1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Need to change app icon on Android & iOS app

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Brit, May 5, 2017.

I have an app in both the Apple Store and Google Play store.

I need to update our app icon to our new image. I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone have any idea how I can do this? I would appreciate help, as my Developers are wanting to charge way more than I can afford at this time just to make that 1 change.

Brit, May 5, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You are so incredibly in the wrong forum I can't even BEGIN to understand how you thought this was the best place for this question...

PoPSiCLe, May 5, 2017 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    She is a new member and doesn't know the ropes just yet. She is also an asset and well liked already. Why don't you give her the benefit of your *vast* knowledge and expertise, and help her out? I could tell her where to post this question, but I'll leave it up to you.;)

Spoiltdiva, May 5, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I go equally hard on everybody, @Spoiltdiva ;)

But it seems the thread has already been moved, and then perhaps she will get an actual answer to her question :)

As for the actual question, I don't know exactly how this is done, but I thought this was part of the actual app (the icon that shows up on the phones when you download the app) - and the app-icon that shows up on Google Play and Apple Store is uploaded together with the actual app (the information that is shown to the user). The latter is easily fixed yourself, but for the first bit I would guess you need to recompile the apk/whatever-the-iOS-name is and upload it again, and wait for the powers-that-be to actually verify the new instance of the program.

PoPSiCLe, May 6, 2017 IP