1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlinks and quality

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by AmanDH, May 1, 2017.

Hi all,
    Recently I saw few websites that have great content (Not linking websites as it might not be allowed) but they are not ranking high on google, infact they are not even in first 3 pages. But I also saw some websites that are ranking higher that have similar content. SEO is a tricky thing and I had a chat with people who said that their are lot of factors such as DA,PA, Trust flow etc.
    But they said quality of backlinks is also important, I wanted to know how do you know that a link is a quality web backlink or is spammy.

Very much interested to know this.

AmanDH, May 1, 2017 IP
  2. KBay

KBay Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have back link with bad quality search engine can ban you.
    Also if you are putting the links on your page just to promote other pages, search engine can ban you too.
    I don't know what is the logic behind, but they ban around 30% of such such sites. After some time (like a year) then revert the ban.

My point, be very careful with back links, they must be related to your content.

KBay, May 2, 2017 IP
  3. Yatin Kumar

Yatin Kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me, you should build the no-follow as well do-follow links. Take care you should build all the link related to your website category. Make the quantity of no-follow links to 70% and do-follow links to 30%.

Yatin Kumar, May 3, 2017 IP
  4. KBay

KBay Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you explain why you need to build follow links? Normally all links are follow and Search engine wants follow links. What is the reason to build no follow?

KBay, May 3, 2017 IP
  5. Nick Chernets

Nick Chernets Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks must be:
    1. From a relevant source
    2. From a trusted source
    3. Sends traffic
    4. Exact/phrase/synonym match anchor link text used
    5. In-content
    6. From a different source to your existing backlinks

Nick Chernets, May 3, 2017 IP
  6. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yatin Kumar,
    Can you tell the reason why 70% no-follow and 30% do-follow ?

I am also interested to know that.

Thanks for the response Nick :)
    How do you even check the quality of a backlink though ?

AmanDH, May 3, 2017 IP
  7. arunkk

arunkk Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me, we need to use only quality backlinks which allow Google. I think we can check the quality of the backlinks through, Domain authority, page authority, do-follow, page rank, content, etc...

arunkk, May 4, 2017 IP
  8. Sri Vignesh

Sri Vignesh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Before submitting your URLs in directories you must check that website's DA, PA, Page Rank and these factors must be higher than to your website. choosing anchor text also important as that is stuffed in your website. For any help visit us at www.brightbridge.co

Sri Vignesh, May 4, 2017 IP
  9. Yatin Kumar

Yatin Kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My friend it is not only follow link. Something is written in front of them which say dofollow and nofollow. Plz read my answer carefully...

Hello Aman, both the dofollow and nofollow links are necessary. Nofollow links quantity should be higher than Dofollow because if all your's link are dofollow, then Google and other search engine will tag your link as spammy and may drop your ranking too....

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
    Yatin Kumar, May 4, 2017 IP
  10. xoimg

xoimg Peon

Best Answers:
    Having one link with DA 70+ is more helpful then having 100 DA 50+

xoimg, May 4, 2017 IP
  11. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After reading your post, I understood that DA and PA are some of the biggest factors for backlinks to improve a website ranking.
    I thought I will share the image and based on that you will understand better, I checked ranking of a website and it's competition in below image. As you can see, the last website is having better DA,PA than its competition but it is not ranked higher.
    Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 11.47.20 PM.png

Does this indicates that DA and PA doesn't affect website ranking ?

AmanDH, May 4, 2017 IP
  12. Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To measure a link quality, I suggestion you follow the below things.

1. Does your backlink come from relevant resources? Relevancy is the key of quality backlinks.
    2. Does it create from authority sites? Use Mozbar extension to know the site DA & PA.
    3. Can the backlink drive traffic?
    4. Dofollow sites have the direct impact on search engine ranking. That's why try to build backlinks from dofollow sites. But try to get some backlinks from nofollow sites also which indicate your backliks profiles not spammy.
    5. Make sure the backlink site has good trust follow score (Majestic metric).
    6.Must have quality content on that backlink site.

Md.Saddam Hossain, May 4, 2017 IP
  13. maurice.cowell

maurice.cowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Building links is never simple as today quality rules over quantity. A lot of people today invest on just building tons of links without understanding the real process of making it. Old SEO doesn't work anymore so everyone must follow Google's standard in order to show up neatly on searches.

maurice.cowell, May 4, 2017 IP
  14. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your responses :)
    Can you suggest me about my previous post above ?

AmanDH, May 7, 2017 IP
  15. Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quality content always plays a great role! In spite of having a lot of backlinks and good DA & PA score, sometimes many sites don't get the search engine ranking. But having good DA & PA score means the website has great contents & traffics. If you want to beat your competitors, you have to do better than your competitors. Such as you can create great contents for your readers than you competitors, optimize your website on-page perfectly, build quality backlinks, reach targeted people via social and get like, share to increase social signal and much more things you can follow. But these are the primary factors as I think. If you want to know more, you can read a post which I wrote - "How to Increase Domain Authority" I hope that helps you! Let me know if you have more question. Thanks, man! :)

Md.Saddam Hossain, May 7, 2017 IP
  16. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response, I will definitely read your article.

AmanDH, May 7, 2017 IP
  17. Link_Building_Services

Link_Building_Services Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Important values you should consider for link building are high DA, PA, SB rank, the way anchor texts are distributed. Read about Natural anchor distribution formula and you'll see what I mean. Also pay attention to your content, it should be unique and relevant to your niche. It is also important to build links gradually, not more than 5-10 a week.
    If you want to learn more about SEO, pm me and I will gladly help you. Take care!

Link_Building_Services, May 15, 2017 IP