1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seeking Fully Managed VPS Hosting

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by exoticpublishing, May 2, 2017.

Hi,

I'm looking for a managed (not semi managed) VPS that isn't expensive & is a good company overall.

I have to leave this terrible hoster I moved to.

I'm only seeking US servers & Americans who run the company, not call centers overseas.

Thanks

exoticpublishing, May 2, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I had a great experience with my VPS at hostgator.

qwikad.com, May 2, 2017 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go to baganame.com

You can call the US phone numbers on the top of the page. If you are not speaking to an American, hang up. The company that accepts the payments, handles all customer support, and manages the servers has been in business for over 13 years.
    I would recommend calling them, and telling them:
    - what vps you have now
    - what you need (or think you need), in terms of vps performance
    - what you expect for service

Do this with any company before you signup, to ensure you know what you are getting and to make sure you are joining a suitable company. You need to remember, that everyone's hosting needs are different.

matt_62, May 2, 2017 IP
  4. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for Cpanel VPS Server, because with Cpanel control panel that will add to the cost.
    Also whats your Budget for managed VPS server, with more requirement interms of CPU, RAM space you are asking for?

webhost.uk.net, May 2, 2017 IP
  5. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, can't stand hostgator. They were rude when I called them years ago. I think I even tried a second time & it's just run by kids.

I took a look at your classified site. Too bad it's all just people trying to make money or MLM or whatever. Was hoping it was more like CL.

exoticpublishing, May 3, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  6. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Is this your company?

I can't believe I can't edit my original post :(

I am now considering going back to shared <sigh>, but only if the hoster has Cloud Flare on it.

Yes I know how to screen a hoster, but they often lie, are rude, don't respond back to e-mails, phone calls, the industry is VERY VERY scammy. I experience this every time I move from one hoster to another & that's why I avoid it like the plague.

In this case I have to as my sites have been going down none stop with this VPS. I've lost what little traffic I was getting b/c of it. VERY stressful.

So are you saying this company is or isn't owned by Americans?

7. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Please read my response above since I can't edit my original post :(

Since I just learned that with CPanel you need min. 4 GB, if that's too much to get managed VPS, then I'm just going to go to shared.

I have some adult & some non adult sites. I found a really good guy, but he won't allow the adult, so I'm thinking of splitting them up. I don't want to do that, but since finding a good hoster is sooo stressful, I may go down this road.

I want unlimited domains, e-mails & DBs. I don't get a lot of traffic or bandwidth, so I don't need much, but I DO want them to load fast, I want CF & a few other features that you always get on VPS, but not always on shared.

I'll talk to the hoster about that once I get the name/URL.

Thanks

8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There's only one CL. Will always be. I am glad to have MLMers, affiliate marketers and so on as my main customer base. I actually enjoy working with them.

Why were you hoping qwikad to be like CL? There shouldn't be another CL, or another backpage, or another gumtree, etc. One is enough.

qwikad.com, May 3, 2017 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will be honest, I do not care about getting anyones business, but rather matching people up with the right solutions that they need.
    But since you asked, The website you see is owned by me. The head office is in the UK. The support staff that you call, the servers, the IT experts for US based servers are in the US. The company has servers world wide. No harm to call them up, and have a chat. You said you were worried they would not reply to emails? If they do not reply within 15mins via email, and you are a customer for any product, prove it to everyone here on this forum, and I will give you $50 cash via pp. I will hold that promise for you until the end of may 2017.
    You can call them, you can speak to actual american support staff. If you signup with me, and if I get hit by a truck, your sites are still being managed by a company thats 13 years in business, and your sites will not be impacted.

For cpanel on a vps, the minimum is 1gb of ram. (or 1024mb), but some sites, and scripts that YOU run might need more.
    If you need more then 1gb of ram, to power your websites, then you CANNOT go to shared. Going to shared, and using 4gb of ram, will likely have you kicked out, as you would be an abuser of their services. DO NOT go to unlimited. For the love of God, go to any host, but not one that offers unlimited.

A good vps company (that I am not affiliated with) is kazilla. BUT from reading your posts:
    1. you cannot afford a good high-end company
    2. they likely will not have the level of support you need.

I get the feeling that you need a higher then average level of support.

Right now, what I think you need is this:
    - reseller hosting with enough accounts to handle all of your sites (or 1 for adult sites, and another for normal sites)
    - a provider with cloudlinux installed
    - cloudflare is pretty much standard with cpanel shared hosts.
    - one reseller account for adult content
    - a different reseller account for normal content.

A good reseller host (that I am not affiliated with) is ferngullygraphics. They are great, cheap, high uptime, fast servers, us based, but not the high level of support that you need. They do not handle adult content. Backups are done daily, and you can access them yourself from within cpanel without asking for help.
    You can go through backups for i think its 5-7 days! Backups are external, so you are very well protected.

BUT if you need high level of support, then they may not be for you.

IF you have alot of sites, on a single shared cpanel account, then you need to take the time to read this:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-better-then-a-normal-shared-account.2679878/

I have met people who had all their sites on a single cpanel account, who earnt more then I do a year from their sites, and had the income overnight reduced to zero, because they did not follow my advice.

Sorry for the long post, hope i helped

@op. explain:
    - who you are with now
    - are you using cpanel?
    - ram settings for your current vps
    - how many hours of management did you pay for per month, or was included free with your management plan?

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    matt_62, May 3, 2017 IP
  10. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    No I don't want you to be hit by a truck LOL

A few things:

1. I'm with NDC right now & even AFTER I wrote my response yesterday my sites were down off & on again for 2 days straight. We think Wordfence is causing the problem on one site & that's affected the entire server.

I FINALLY talked to one of the owners & he's way more reasonable than his tech guy is. He isn't happy my sites aren't staying up either. Of course he's the one who didn't get back to me twice when he said he would (about monitoring my sites, not just the server.)

2. I have no idea how much RAM I need. All I can tell you is that I never had issues like this with Host Dime (HD). This one site that's causing issues wasn't on HD, as it's a fairly new site. Now I had tons of other issues with Host Dime b/c their tech support is moronic & the one guy that I liked who had a brain never seemed to be around after I moved over to them 5 years earlier, but my sites were down maybe only 2-3 times per year & that was due to their server, nothing to do with my sites.

Someone else said that to run CPanel you need at least 4 GB of RAM, so I don't know why you are saying I'd only need 1 GB.

3. No, I do NOT need a lot of support. Yes I need someone to take care of the server & CPanel since I'm not a geek & shouldn't be expected to be one, so all these numerous e-mails I started getting I don't want, like the updates, etc., but so long as my sites are up & running & my mail is working both to & from the recipient, why would I need to contact my hoster?

The problem is when they don't know what they are doing, or something changes like me changing from reseller to VPS, I guess it causes problems, but I'm now understanding it's not just Wordfence, they have had other issues that have nothing to do with me.

And sorry, I wasn't on shared, I was on reseller which some people say is the same & others say it's different LOL

4. I tried to call your company & your phone system doesn't work. First it says press 7 to speak to an operator LOL, zero is what you normally press. When I didn't press it right away, it gave me a fast busy. I called back & pressed 7 & it did again, gave me a fast busy. Your Live chat also isn't around & it's only just after 5 pm.

I can't believe how many hosting companies do NOT have a proper phone system. You aren't the first who's had issues with their phone line. I make notes of everyone & I've had at least 3 others.

Again, I'm incensed as to how hard it is to find a good hosting company that actually knows how to run a biz properly, doesn't lie, cause the customers issues, provides support AND knows the entire ins & out technical area of servers & everything that goes into running a hosting company. It's REALLY scary dealing with this terrible industry :(

exoticpublishing, May 4, 2017 IP
  11. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    I am looking for fully managed (not fake managed) & yes, CPanel & yes I know it's $10 for CPanel.

I was told (read above) that CPanel needs at least 4 GB to run properly, so that's what I was looking for. And I like the reseller setup where it's one login & I choose which site I work on via a drop down menu. CPU I don't know what I need. Sorry.

I'm also considering going back to shared reseller.

Thanks

12. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Ok, well if you are happy with them, then by all means that's all that matters. I'm not looking to be sold by people & I thought you were trying to get people to actually go to your site. If all you care about is how you feel, then just continue with what you are doing.

Why shouldn't there be another CL? While most of the people on there are sleazy low quality types, at least the setup is ok.