1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Index the sitemaps submitted in Google Webmaster ?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by adixit99, Apr 25, 2017.

Hi ,

I had submitted around 8 sitemaps with 25000 URLs each but google indexed only 1. I don't understand what is the problem and why google is not indexing this submitted Sitemaps. This website is around 7 years old. Please help me with suggestive answers and solutions .

Thanks

adixit99, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any errors or warnings? How long time have you waited? What is your website address?

websitetools, May 2, 2017 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1) Are sure you submitted the correct URLs?
    2) Is there any other way for GoogleBot to find them, i.e., robots.txt file?
    3) Have you used "site:yourwebsiteurl" to find out what has been indexed and how many?
    4) Are all of your pages reachable from OTHER pages on your website?
    5) Have you used any "noindex" and/or "nofollow" robots meta tags on your pages?

mmerlinn, May 2, 2017 IP
  4. Vinod Kumar Pal

Vinod Kumar Pal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I had submitted around 50 sitemaps with 10000 URLs each but google indexed only Approx 180000. I don't understand what is the problem and why google is not indexing this submitted Sitemaps.

Vinod Kumar Pal, May 12, 2017 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that Google does NOT (and CANNOT) index sitemaps the same day!

mmerlinn, May 12, 2017 IP
  6. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

So Google can not index all URL same time, Google index all those URL which having good worth in terms on online presence. So may be there are some url which is like a Orphan URL so until google will not found link for all those URL somewhere on your website will not index. So i will suggest just to increase internal linking to get index higher number of URL.

brajeshyadav, May 18, 2017 IP
  7. Tabassum - m

Tabassum - m Member

Best Answers:
    That sitemap is of only one website, did you submitted with only one webmaster account?
    Can You share sitemap links here?

if all URLs is of one website, you can simply create index sitemap and can add all other sitemap under it. then you submit one URL, see this way it crawls or not.

Tabassum - m, May 20, 2017 IP