1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best eCommerce Platform for a small business

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mad Moll, Dec 1, 2014.

1. ss330662

ss330662 Peon

Best Answers:
    for starting WordPress is the best platform for you to built ecommerce website...

ss330662, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  2. Mpolak

Mpolak Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento is the best, but Magento Coopetition is even better!

Mpolak, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  3. oskaroskar

oskaroskar Peon

Best Answers:
    Smoolis is good but Shopify is better. I have tried both. Smoolis is only better in terms of multiple languages that it supports. Else, Shopify is much better.

oskaroskar, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  4. philancer2010

philancer2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento and woocommerce I would prefer to choose. Shopify is good but you need to pay every month.

philancer2010, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  5. sk2oct

sk2oct Active Member

Best Answers:
    For Small Business I will suggest You Wordpress WooCommerce where Investment is Very Low and Very Much SEO friendly.

sk2oct, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  6. Roman_Y.

Roman_Y. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never heard about such a CMS. But we recommend for you another platform - Magento,\. It can easily handle any number of products and customers and allow you to expand further in the future if necesary. There are a lot of benefits in using Magento platform, too many to count in one email. It has a very enhanced system for managing the products, clients, billing, mobile shopping and so on. It has a lot of features for cross-selling, up-selling, special offers and other tools for marketing. It is the most used e-commerce platform all over the world (more than 25% of the entire market) Magento received a lot of rewards, but most importantly It has powered most of the 1000 Top Best Internet Retailers in the last 3 years.

Roman_Y., Jan 28, 2016 IP
  7. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will try Shopify, Big commerce.

Paresh Shrimali, Mar 8, 2016 IP
  8. eva-max

eva-max Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone, I don't know about eCommerce Platform for a small business but i think Drupal Commerce , CommerceHub and Magento is best as compared to others.

eva-max, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  9. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    You can checkout the features on shopify, woocommerce and some clone script like fancy clone and wanelo clone. Just tell me your niche in ecommerce i can give you some reference related to your niche. Hope it helps

appkodes, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  10. George Fleming

George Fleming Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress :)

George Fleming, Apr 2, 2016 IP
  11. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I've never used WooCommerce but have read great reviews about it.

Large stores don't use Wordpress in general. There are others like OsCommerce and Magento. Probably each platform will need some custom coding sooner or later. For started a turnkey platform would be the best bet I guess.

evelinawilliams007, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  12. Argalon

Argalon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify is the best eCommerce platform for a small business because it can easily manage the products, listings and also it is easy to maintain the website in it. Shopify Development Company India provides the best website design and development services for eCommerce stores.

Argalon, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  13. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best ecommerce platform is woocommerce itself. There is no one every near to it. The figures tell that woocommerce powers 37% of all online stores in the internet toaday, check https://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/, and this figure is rising every day.

Naina S, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  14. Kiwiguru

Kiwiguru Banned

Best Answers:
    There are some platforms provide the ready-to-use website, no coding needed.

Kiwiguru, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  15. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    Funny that some people advise magento to a brginner. You really know nothing, right ?

makeonlineshop, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  16. EMALEADS

EMALEADS Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento - enterprise level!
    I have access to Magento Enterprise Edition second version (cost ~10K usd) and some other non-public platforms for B2ะก, B2B, B2B2C marketplaces and multi-vendors.

Enterprise - install and trade... Community Edition - difficult for beginners!
    But I don't recommend starting on SaaS (Shopify etc) and wordpress+addons or joomla+addons or other cms + addons...

If need really high-quality ecommerce platform, Skype - emaleads (pls contact request - Ecommerce)
    and
    If need quality ecommerce email lists (fashion, electronics, digital goods email lists buyers) for email marketing, also write...

EMALEADS, May 3, 2016 IP
  17. dineshseo5

dineshseo5 Member

Best Answers:
    Woo commerce, volusion, Shopify

dineshseo5, May 5, 2016 IP
  18. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    Magento is the powerful E-commerce platform because its fully loaded ecommerce platform is reasonable and can actually help you sell as a small business.

appkodes, May 13, 2016 IP
  19. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    10$ a month it is not the best choice- why- it may require several hours of your work- so when you calculate all you invest might be several hundreds of $. What about product feed import- copy/paste works well but cost you a lot of time and generate human factor... Investment of some additional money may saves you hundreds- mistakes are usually more expensive than "vaccination".
    Cut your small project form the day one to be big- saves time and money.

I agree but you need to have budget for it- all platforms have props and cons- all are almost perfect.

In my personal opinion only 2-3% of commerce market overall needs to have dedicated solution- 97-98% can live well with ready to go Saas and usually cost a fracture of cost of magenta implementation.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
    IdosellShop, May 30, 2016 IP
  20. Althea Jack

Althea Jack Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Inout Shopping Cart is yet another eCommerce platform developed especially for business start-up. Currently there are 2 editions, Standard and Multivendor. Demo links are available to check its features and choose that suites you the best.

Althea Jack, Apr 21, 2017 IP