1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you flown/owned a drone ??...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HyperVMart, Mar 30, 2017.

?

You Own, will Own a Drone or Would like to fly one ??...

Poll closed Apr 30, 2017.
  1. I Own One

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. I think I will buy one !..

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I flown one before...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I think I will test it first...

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. I don't really care/Am just too jealous !...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
    Just wondering since this is a relatively new technology (to me at least) have anyone own a drone and flown it ?? what was your impression when you first flown it ??....

I personally had this dream 6 years ago+ of flying one of those RC Helicopters with a spy cam on the nose to record around the neighborhood. But glad i bought a new Dji drone 2 weeks ago and flown my drone first time last week in night with my friend, i almost freaked out when it went so far away and had to land it but couldn't even see it lol, finally i returned it home intact and like 7 people were staring at the thing (and probably me) with weird crazy face impressions I never seen before lol, second attempt was before sunset the next day and managed to record a 4k video with it and gone almost 500 meters away, everyone i showed that video was really really impressed, especially that it was like crystal clear quality and in a tourist attraction area here in Dubai, anyone else here shares this hobby ??...

HyperVMart, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  2. HyperVMart

HyperVMart Peon

Best Answers:
    118 views and 0 responses ?!? This is weird !...

HyperVMart, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My colleague shoots 4k drone photography. Its fun stuff. His drone will also map stuff an image at a time that you can drop into auto cad. Its very cool stuff.

Nigel Lew, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  4. Blaxis

Blaxis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Futuristic toys nowadays. I'd like to have one. Especially filming with it would be real fun.

Blaxis, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  5. dbs00

dbs00 Member

Best Answers:
    I liked drones but never bought one. I think I'll enjoy playing with one but still, I'm too old to play with toys :))
    There were some cool ones from crowdfunding that didn't need a remote. It would track and follow you wherever your going. Taking pics when your doing a special sign with your hands etc.
    Cool stuff nonetheless

dbs00, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the coolest ones would be if they had both daylight and nightvision cameras. My son had a toy one a few years ago, but it was cheap, very hard to control, no camera, and we crashed it within a day or two and it was not worth getting it fixed. On another note, I have a friend who is a private pilot and he was telling me that for the more serious drones (used in business) companies are often using real, licensed pilots to fly them.

jrbiz, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Would love if member who has this stuff also take a picture of his toys and upload it here..

robyries, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This what my colleague uses for real estate stuff and things of that nature. It attaches to his ipad with a piece of software to operate it so you can see what it sees, altitude and so on.

Nigel Lew, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  9. jbbryant

jbbryant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hope to get one soon. I like to take me some photos using the drone.

jbbryant, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd love one but I think it's a bit like buying a Go Pro to film your mountain bike/trail running adventures. Unless you have a specific reason for owning it and a talent for editing the footage (if you're filming) then it's a waste of time and money.

sarahk, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    jrbiz, Apr 5, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you stay on Daytona beach long enough you'll see a couple drowns flying back and forth over it taking pictures of you know what.

qwikad.com, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  14. iowawriter4hire

iowawriter4hire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd love to own one, but I'm concerned it'll end up being something I'll be super amped about and then be totally over it in like a month or so.

iowawriter4hire, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have had cheap ones it was supposedly worth alot - It wasnt, it was rubbish. Lasted less then 10mins, and it was over. Not the first one either. I have had multiple helicopters and RC planes, the low end ones never last long, with a lifespan measured in minutes. Compared to RC cars and trucks, where even the cheap ones often have a lifespan of years.

I would be interested in getting a proper one later on. Keep in mind that regulations are starting to come in around the world on using these things. Depending where you live, you might finally get one, and find the regulations being so strict that it can only be used as an indoor paperweight. Definitely look into local rules and laws in your country before using it.

In Australia we are so over regulated to the point where we all use 2 ply toilet paper, as the government wants a copy of everything we do.

matt_62, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    jrbiz, ryan_uk, malky66 and 1 other person like this.
  16. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I own DJI Phantom 4 Pro and it is probably best buy drone if you want to make amazing videos. It has amazing camera build in and it can fly more than 30 minutes. But you need to know hwo to fly it. I have 2 other toy drones that I no longer use, i have learn how to fly a drone on them and crashed them many times, but those drones have flight time of few minutes.

Many websites will tell you the same that DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the best:
    http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro?site=brandsite&from=buy_now_bottom
    http://www.fitdrones.com/drones-longest-flight-time/
    http://www.pcmag.com/review/349553/dji-phantom-4-pro
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/drone-reviews/dji-phantom-4-pro-review/

Here this website ranked it at first place. If you go and compare with other drones that have all the abilities like DJI Phantom 4 Pro you will see you need XX XXX$ and Phantom costs like 1500$, i paid my for Christmas and i paid 1350$.

If you dont believe me for Phantom 4, then at least check DJI drones, because DJI as company is the best!!!

dadaas, Apr 18, 2017 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  17. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My buddies Gyro started to go so he just grabbed a Phantom 4 Pro until he can swap the part. He currently has a huge gig for an electric company in Cali. He is frankly killing it. It pays for itself in 2 days.

N.

Nigel Lew, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  18. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, Phantom 4 is monster, if you go voer to YouTube and watch those videos filmed by drones, most amazing ones are filmed with Phantom 4.

dadaas, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  19. Brit

Brit Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have a drone (a cheaper one) They are so much fun!!!!!

Brit, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  20. HyperVMart

HyperVMart Peon

Best Answers:
    Well its no toy really, if you dont take care you can probably harm someone, harm yourself, or make a trip to the hospital or the police station, some are toys cant go further than 30m, but some REAL DRONS like the Dji Mavic pro or other Professional models Dji sells require registration with Aviation Dept. and are illegal without it, what sux really they are good for shooting videos, pics will come out really bad, just like a camcorder, but thanks for giving me something to think about doing in the near future :)

ur right, not everyone should buy one, and i never thought of buying a go pro because am not into mountain climbing or any action video taking stuff, but i always wished i could buy a RC Helicopter, couple it with a nanny cam and film around the neighborhood, but it came out right straight forward with all in one product, but pricey, nonetheless i ended up getting one and i dont regret it just worried i might lose interest at some point and sell it (just saying am not too sure !...)

TBH you will not fly it fully 30 minutes because that would mean it will fall of the sky and you end up making a GREAT crash video !! nonetheless, i filmed a lot of videos probably less than 20 minutes and they were all AMAZING and i couldn't complain about the time unless you want to go cross borders and do something bad lol...

Yes i agree with you, anything rated even less than 15 minutes will give u 10 minutes or so flying time and is pure rubbish, not worth buying and definitely not worth investing in a secondary battery for that matter !...

and i didn't know in Australia authorities are that strict !!..

I love the mavic and think i did a good choice buying coz am a bit undercover lol and cant carry massive drone around, i just need to fold it before and after taking off, believe it or not i land it on top of my car sunroof sometimes, now how cool is that !...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
    HyperVMart, Apr 26, 2017 IP