1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It's a crime to forget your wife's birthday in Samoa

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dolives, Apr 13, 2017.

In Samoa, it is considered a crime to forget your wife's birthday

Dolives, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In my house it's considered a crime to forget the wife's birthday, punishable by loss of "privileges".

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    malky66, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    sarahk, ryan_uk and matt_62 like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The wife's birthday is critical, of course. Many years, ago, however, my wife and I both forgot our wedding anniversary one year (we had young kids keeping us scrambling) so I have had a "Get Out of Jail Free" card on remembering our anniversary ever since. I just remind her that she forgot once, too. :)

jrbiz, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn and qwikad.com like this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Lucky bastard.

qwikad.com, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It has come in handy more than once. :)

jrbiz, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  6. dbs00

dbs00 Member

Best Answers:
    Same here.
    Just 2 days ago we had some arguments because I forgot her second name and it was that holiday. lol. She's never using it, unless it's a holiday and its time for flowers and presents:). Guess that's why I always forget . ( I must give presents). I'll never forget my bday :)

I always forget. so I just set reminders in google calendar. Doh :) That way I'll be notified 1 week ahead.

dbs00, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My theory is that you have 1 year to prepare and plan for valentines day, her birthday, and any other special romantic occasion. Mind you, after a while, (unless she needs a specific thing) the only thing to really get your wife is flowers, and go to somewhere special for dinner.

Here is a tip. Sometimes I buy gifts for "stock". End of june, there tends to be large discounts on jewellery, etc. Avoid watches (batteries expire and obvious its old gift). Buy necklace, bracelets, earings, etc. Hide in your closet. When she starts hitting you with the wooden spoon because you forget, just grab it from your hiding place, and present it to her. (i do the same for xmas gifts, and so on.)

Actually, most times I did not give expensive gifts... when we were saving for a house, I think we had to skip gifts completely. For the next one, if you remember, try flowers, or cake, or dinner somewhere nice. BUT keep an expensive spare gift hidden away.... and one day it will be handy.

matt_62, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  8. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whether it is officially a crime or not you are surely gonna suffer in some way if you forget it :)

rf-harris, Apr 27, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ever since this thread, I have had an idea that I cannot shake, but at the same time, I am just too exhausted to start another project. Here is the idea.

Start a site called broandhoes.com
    Front page, have fast cars, beer, semi-naked chicks, and a big enter button...
    once you press enter, it comes up with subscription options:
    1 - free, it sends reminders for you, up to one week in advance for 1 person for vday, bday, and xmas. You can enter in past gifts you have given your partner, and or the site can suggest some small gifts for you.
    2 - paid, $10 annual fee is if you want to do reminders for multiple people (i mean, 1 wife, and maybe your sisters or mother!), and access other advantages. Can send email bday cards automatically to each person. depending on costs, annual fee might be enough to cover for an actual bday card to be sent in the mail?
    3 - have option to subscribe for gifts to be automatically delivered. $150 budget would be for something like flowers, cake, etc. Florists and sometimes cake shops are easy to book exact delivery date(s) and can be booked in advance.
    3 - lets you pay weekly or monthly. Ie, if the gift is $50, $11 a month for 5 months would equal a $50 gift.

Site can earn from:
    - Promoting affordable gifts and or activities from affiliates (amazon could be essential), these are sent out in the email reminders
    - direct sales via the website, such as flowers, cakes, etc. A 10% commission for each sale is minimum.

I had other ideas, but didnt write them down soon enough. If there was a service where I could get help finding suitable gifts, and even opt to have them delivered on the day, then I would sign up.

matt_62, May 1, 2017 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am quite certain that any wife you ask will tell you that this is a crime, punishable by near death, everywhere in the universe.

JoeSpirit, May 1, 2017 IP
  11. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    What punishment is provided for the criminal who forgot the birthday of his wife? :)

Hybirid, May 3, 2017 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Except that maybe in India it's the wife's near death if she complains?

As for Samoa, it wouldn't hurt to force the guys to be thoughtful. They love their families but they're very chilled about things other cultures get more uptight about.

sarahk, May 3, 2017 IP