1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I learn html for free?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Syed Ahsn, Apr 10, 2017.

Hello everybody, Hope you all are doing well. Actually, I want to ask that where I can learn Html5 for free. Is there any platform who provide the free html5 tutorial? I've no idea about Html5 and website design and I want to learn also web designing? Is it easy for someone who has no idea about web designing and Html5 that he can learn it online for free?

Solved! View solution.
    Syed Ahsn, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JoeSpirit, Apr 10, 2017 IP
    briguy likes this.
  3. darren hayes

darren hayes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Ahsn, Website designing is very interesting and amazing thing to learn. Being a designer, I recommend you w3schools(https://www.w3schools.com/html/) as its a complete guide for learners.

darren hayes, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Holy shit... seriously, a beginner, and you recommend the utter piece of shit that is w3schools. I'm appalled. Now, for better resources. CodeAcademy might be a good place to start, not just for PHP. Same with HTML Dog. It's old, but still not too bad. If you're actually wanting to learn HTML, reading the actual specification is a good start, although it is very technical, and not at all easy to understand for beginners.

The problem with learning HTML is that there are a million resources, and 90% of them are either just bad, use bad practice, or have fallen for the utter idiocy that is Bootstrap and other hopeless iterations of broken syntax and redundant code. Wittling out the good from the bad is not an easy task. I'll throw in another recommended source: Cutcodedown, by our own @deathshadow.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  5. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help, W3schools is a free site or not? Do they also provide any kind of certificates?

Syed Ahsn, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Back in the early nineties, my friend had a book Learn HTML in Just a Week. I would recommend you start with a tutorial book on HTML and read it.

You might check out your public library and see if you can find a book there you like and then visit Amazon and buy it. It is always good to have a reference book available.

Smyrl, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  7. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    That's really a good idea @Smyrl, I admire your opinion. I found a book online name as "HTML5 Canvas" powered by David Geary. Would it help?

Syed Ahsn, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I am not familiar with that book but but it may be excellent. That is why I like to rely on library holdings to help me make a decision. I am now living in a rural area where technical holdings tend to be obsolete.

Smyrl, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Lynda.com is free through my public library, check with yours - they may be doing the same deal

sarahk, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  10. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    I've started using W3schools, and I've learned few basic steps of HTML, Coding is easy I guess not too much difficult. But it's a start I hope it would remain easy until the end. I appreciate all of you for your kind replies.

Syed Ahsn, Apr 12, 2017 IP
    Also - when you create something, your first page, or site, post it to places like this forum (there are specific review-subforums) to get comments on design and usage of HTML, CSS and javascript (if any). Learning is good, but getting input on whether or not what you're doing is the right thing to do is also smart - there are many, many ways of doing HTML and CSS wrong.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 12, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  12. nsb2006

nsb2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    https://www.w3schools.com/html/ is a good choice, as you can learn and DIY with a demo.

Personally I learned html started from a e-book and then on w3schools.com.

Learn html first and then have a good look on CSS, then you got it.

nsb2006, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  13. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PoPSiCLe is right about the many ways of doing coding wrong are many. I found that learning html wasn't so difficult, but writing clean and without mistakes certainly can be. I've had to go back for review many times and search for broken code because I've left out some necessary tags.

JoeSpirit, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  14. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Can I share the screen shot here? I've created a paragraph, should I share a screen shot here or code?

Syed Ahsn, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Sure - or a link to your test site.

we use bbcode here for snippets - [ code] [html ] [php ] all work

sarahk, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  16. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    I'm attaching a file (Snapshot). But I don't know why my title is not appearing when I run my code. I need help.

Attached Files:

Syed Ahsn, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lets get down to the basics

<head>
    Everything in here is information for the browser about the page it's been asked to load. The <title> tag typically gets used on the tab and nowhere else. Search engines will use it as a label for the page but nothing will ever show it on the actual screen.
    upload_2017-4-14_14-3-28.png

<body>
    This is where the page actually gets built. Everything in here will be shown on the screen unless it's commented out or contained in <script> or <style> tags.

sarahk, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    wisdomtool and briguy like this.
  18. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    Use video tutorial, it will help you a lot. Check with Youtube, search your html topics there and you'll find a large number of tutorials.

Scriptechweb, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  19. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First off, your English is quite good, actually. A lot better than many others that visit this (and other) forum(s). When it comes to showing off code, it's preferable that you provide the actual code, not screenshots. If you have specific problems, linking to a JSFiddle, or just the site itself, if it's available online, will help as well, since then we can easily manipulate the code and (for JSFiddle) update the saved version to show you solutions.

Remember - if your code includes images, you will have to (normally) modify the code (and upload the images somewhere) so it links to the actual place where the image files are - nothing more annoying than people linking to a problem with images (whatever the problem is) and not actually having the images in the code :)

But, currently, you seem to be doing good.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  20. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the guidance. :)

Syed Ahsn, Apr 15, 2017 IP