1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Correct Javascript Syntax I am Missing

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by DeathandTaxes, Apr 10, 2017.

Hi, I am new here. I am hoping somebody who is keen with Javascript will be able to look at these two working scripts, and combine them correctly.

Script #1 is an old, "Dynamic Drive" script I use and have used for over a decade to create little modeless windows instead of iframes. It works wonderfully.

Script #2 is a social media sharing script that I found on a site called 'simplesharingbuttons' and it too, actually works. It's lightweight. But, when clicking upon the little social media icon, a new window is opened.

I would like rather, that the Modeless Window from Dynamic Drive be generated and the Social Media Referral load inside of it.

OK. I will post this, then the two scripts.

The Modeless Window Script from "Dynamic Drive". It's one of those tried and true scripts, I've kept around for over a decade.

< script >function modelesswin(url,mwidth,mheight){if(document.all&&window.print)
    eval('window.showModelessDialog(url,"","help:0;resizable:1;dialogWidth:'+mwidth+'px;dialogHeight:'+mheight+'px")')
    else
    eval('window.open(url,"","width='+mwidth+'px,height='+mheight+'px,resizable=1,scrollbars=1")')}< /script >
    Code (markup):
    You embed a link into your < body > < / body> by using the following syntax :
    <a href="javascript:modelesswin(' REMOVING-LINK.HTML ',425,550)"></a>

DeathandTaxes, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Until you are "established" and can create a thread in Buy/Sell/Trade you have two options
    1. Find someone offering programming services and send them a conversation message asking if they're interested in the work
    2. Post in our Javascript discussion section and get help in doing it yourself.

sarahk, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  3. DeathandTaxes

DeathandTaxes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was not doing this for profit. I was trying to create this script to make available for free distribution and help people have a quality social media sharing app, without the analytics tracking in it. I sure aint paying nobody for what I do for free.

But that's ok. I'll go elsewhere where people are friendlier. Bye.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
    DeathandTaxes, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You obviously missed my option #2 where I said you could get help.
    People are friendly enough here and more than willing to help you make the changes you want to make.

I must have read this sentence wrong, it sure looked to me like you were wanting someone to actually do the work.

sarahk, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  5. DeathandTaxes

DeathandTaxes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I checked my browser history, being familiar with the internet, and how many times some forums contain unfriendly INDIVIDUALS that want to control everything, instead of being polite, friendly, helpful... I know people just like you... they are quick to attack for no justifiable reason, and as an individual, which I'm sure doesn't speak for many good people who are also on this forum, Y.O.U. wanted to pick a fight with somebody who just signed up with a serious question about Javascript syntax.

;-) That's ok.

I tinkered with the code and fixed that bad boy where it works similar to the popular AddToAny Social Media sharing gadget... without Google Analytics or any other third-party tracking people's private business... customizable... quick loading: a total of LESS THAN FIVE KILOBYTES (5k) in html format which doesn't have any negative impact on PageSpeed or YSlow scores... 100% FREE... all that and more just because I am a nice person.

I went to another forum and asked for help and the absence of rude insulting replies was refreshing, but before anyone could solve the syntax, ;-) I tinkered and fixed it myself so now the app is up and running on different web sites, --and working -- FUNCTIONAL like I knew it would/should, and it's linked to offer it as FREELY DISTRIBUTABLE to anyone.

DeathandTaxes, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm at a loss as to why you thought I was being unfriendly. You posted in a section of the forum which doesn't get much activity and it looked like you were looking for someone to do something for you (ie buying a service) rather than starting a discussion to get advice. I could have just left your post to fester, unloved and alone but I figured I'd point you in the right direction and showed you the two best options. I'm sorry, now, that I bothered.
    I'm fascinated that your browser history shows you that. I thought I was familiar with the internet, too, but mine doesn't show me how many unfriendly people are on the sites I visit.

sarahk, Apr 11, 2017 IP