1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is true for grammar?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by deler, Apr 10, 2017.

hello everyone please help me about this :)
    which one is true?

Being one of the oldest capitals of Europe, Belgrade where East and West converge, is a city that reveals its rich history at every side of the city.

Belgrade, being one of the oldest capitals of Europe, where East and West converge, is a city that reveals its rich history at every side of the city.

Belgrade, one of the oldest capitals of Europe, where East and West converge, is a city that reveals its rich history at every side of the city.

Being one of the oldest capitals of Europe, where East and West converge, Belgrade is a city that reveals its rich history at every side of the city.

deler, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They are ALL true or they are ALL false. Only a history buff would know the answer to that. Whether they are true or not has NOTHING to do with grammar.

Note the missing comma in the first one, though.

mmerlinn, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Scrap the last 6 words here. No one who speaks English would write like this. Instead write it this way: "From every scenic vista of the city". Or if you prefer you could go with. "From every corner of the city", or go with "From every angle of the city". Personally as a former writer, I would choose my first suggestion.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  4. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer the last one: Being one of the oldest capitals of Europe, where East and West converge, Belgrade is a city that reveals its rich history at every side of the city. Only change: lose the capitals on east and west. Unnecessary capitals.

Best Seller, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  5. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Belgrade, one of the oldest capitals of Europe, is a city that reveals its rich history at every side of the city.

Anitasol, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  6. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The last one is okay. But mind if I tweak it a bit? Remove the "of the city." part.

"Being one of the oldest capitals of Europe, where East and West converge, Belgrade is a city that reveals its rich history at every side."

Jeff Rodburg, Apr 26, 2017 IP