1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need ideas about proper page loading experience from the UI Perspective

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by jamesrob, Apr 8, 2017.

Hi! I have a site made as a single-page application on Angular. So, actually, only one index.html page loads initially and browser window does not reload when users browses the website. I included a css style that blurs the page on transition to other routes, but it seems not to work consistently. My question: is it critical to make loading events visible to the users every time or may I do without it.
    Here is a website: bosswriters.com

jamesrob, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Since your URL is modified when you load another page, I don't really see why you need to distinguish with a blur/fade on load. It should be fairly obvious to the user that you have loaded a new page, and the content changes, so no, I would say it's not needed.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Translation: "I've made a bloated inaccessible train wreck of how NOT to build a website using scripttardery."

Do go on...

Which probably means no scripting off graceful degradation plan telling large swaths of users to go **** themselves using fat bloated slow scripting that makes users bounce before the page even loads.... please continue.

With goofy animated garbage that is nothing more than throwing more code at what would be a non-issue if the site wasn't already a bloated mess... said animations likely doubling your bounce rate or more because it's "gee ain't it neat" BS instead of focusing on what's actually important -- serving content in an accessible manner with semantic markup.

See everything I just said. I could have told you that when you said "angular".

Go without, practice actual separation of presentation from content to leverage caching models, and stop pulling the goof-assed inaccessible scripttard BS trickery!

... because looking at the site with the fixed metric fonts, broken attempt at being responsive, AGONIZINGLY slow page-load, and complete lack of semantics telling users with accessibility needs to go plow themselves, I would suggest taking that ENTIRE train wreck of how not to build a website, drag it 'round back o' the woodshed with a 8 gauge, and put it down like old yeller. It is SUCH an utter and complete DISASTER there is NOTHING from that mess I would even TRY and salvage.

All because your choice of tech and methodology tells a great number of visitors to your site to sod off! If your default page loads with this as the markup:

<body ng-class="{'loading':loading}" ui-view="body">
        <header ui-view="header"></header>
        <div ui-view="container"> </div>
        <span us-spinner="{radius:10, width:3, length: 10}" spinner-key="general"></span>
    </body>

Code (markup):
    You have so utterly and completely SCREWED THE POOCH on sitebuilding... might I suggest backing away from web development and taking up something a bit less detail oriented like macramé?

deathshadow, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Given that the page is basically "how to cheat at academics", I'm not that surprised at the level of "non-working website"...

PoPSiCLe, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  5. jamesrob

jamesrob Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I'll do some macrame for you. Other comments also make sense, however, your word-mongering is terrific. So much zeal and misplaced anger :) You are definitely a nice person.

jamesrob, Apr 9, 2017 IP