1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site not fully secure

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Troyutt, Mar 26, 2017.

So I just implemented a ssl to my site and it seems it is displaying as not fully secure. Managed to pinpoint the unsecure content down to the following:

s.pubmine.com returned an error (Possibly 404 not found or other webserver error. Details:

Any idea what this is? And how to fix?

Thanks.

Troyutt, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No idea - the pubmine.com domain doesn't seem to contain anything. Remove any links to it from your site, perhaps?

PoPSiCLe, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  3. Troyutt

Troyutt Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have any links to it on my site.
    Any other suggestions? Or information regarding it is also fine.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Troyutt, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You haven't really provided any useful information. WHERE is this error shown? Where did you do your test? Provide the URL to your site, then perhaps we could do some testing ourselves.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  5. Troyutt

Troyutt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I don't really know what s.pubmine is so I can't really provide more information on that, for where the information is shown it is classified as Secure calls made to other websites, as for where I did one of my tests it is on Why No Padlock.

Apologies I don't like giving out my URL addresses, but I don't really need anymore testing done as I already pinpointed the issue, all I need is info regarding s.pubmine.com

Anything is fine really, for example whether it's a virus, background info, affiliated with any company, WHOIS data, etc, just need any information as I am completely clueless to what this is. After that I can most likely solve the issue myself.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Troyutt, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  6. Troyutt

Troyutt Peon

Best Answers:
    After some digging around it seems s.pubmine.com is something related to Automattic, the WHOIS data is also under Automattic.
    Also it seems that only Wordpress sites have s.pubmine.com on it, furthermore it seems like it has something to do with ads; as wordpress sites with no ads don't have s.pubmine.com on them and sites with ads do have s.pubmine.com on them.

I found a case similar to mine and according to a Wordpress staff the issue has something to do with Google checking the ads on the site and getting a bit hung up on the way those work. (I honestly have no clue what that means, if someone would like to elaborate on that please do.)
    Here is the case for any others interested in this:
    https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/blocked-resources-error-on-google-webmaster-tools

Other than that I believe the issue should be solved as it most likely doesn't pose any threat, though if anyone would like to add more of their own expertise, opinion or information regarding this please also feel free to do so.

Troyutt, Mar 27, 2017 IP