1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About HOSTGATOR affiliates

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Richie_Ni, Jul 23, 2006.

1. LadyHoldem

LadyHoldem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I think these kind of programs are a little skewed in the first place.. why no rev share option? If they had a rev share optoin.. I'd build review sites non stop for the next week.

I'm not sure what the deal is with that, or why I only find them in the gambling industry. If a company such as Netflix or BlockBuster or HostGator.. and so on.. is getting paid every month from my referall... I WANT TO GET PAID TO!

I wonder though if it isn't forums that changed that for the gambling industry, I know there wasn't always rev share available there either ..

LadyHoldem, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  2. WebMarketingMan

WebMarketingMan Guest

Best Answers:
    What's the dif between an affiliate program and a rev share? Do you just mean a program that doesn't involve a network like CJ?

WebMarketingMan, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  3. LadyHoldem

LadyHoldem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No No,

It works like this.. Your viewer goes to Hostgator and signs up.. Now you have a choice CPA or Rev Share..

CPA (Cost per aquisition) Pays you one time. Like $100 in this case.. with Rev Share you can opt to take a percentage of what your referall spends .. forever.. instead So he set's up his hosting for $7 a month or whatever, you opt for 25% (or more.. depends .. and again I work in gambling not hosting.. so the #'s would vary) so for the life of this new guys account, you get that percentage... you collect lots n lots of these guys.. and eventually you have retirement money :p

LadyHoldem, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  4. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well im sure 100$ is much much better then 25% revshare, you need to keep customer few years to get that 100$.
    ps: is this for real? I mean CJ affiliates get 100$ while in house hg affiliates gets only 50$ :(

super, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  5. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. If you look at CJ, their hosting programs are always in competition with each other-- raising the payout or extending the terms. They have to be in the $100 range or no one would use them through CJ. The problem is finding a hosting program that is kind on the chargebacks.

TheHoff, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  6. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How to find one which is kind of chargebacks?

super, Dec 19, 2006 IP