1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much coaching does one need?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bogdy23, Mar 16, 2017.

Hello,

Im thinking about taking some coaching from a copywriter i know there a couple of 30-45 minutes sessions.The questions is will be then able to produce good content afterward„s
    ?If i take say 3 coaching sessions for copywriting 3 for article/blog/website content and 3 coaching sessions for email copy?Does this look like a decent timeframe to learn how to do copy?
    These will be 1 on 1 sessions and the copywriter is quite good with a lot of experience.

bogdy23, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to be rude but looking at the manner in which you have composed your post, three lessons won't help you at all. Honestly I have seen better writing skills from a grade 8 student.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 16, 2017 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  3. bogdy23

bogdy23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm talking more about 10 coaching classes.I was in a hurry i spend more time with the ad copy i don„t spend much time on forum posts.

bogdy23, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly if these sessions are with a proven copywriter they will help you. I would advise that you not stop there with your studies though. You can learn a lot from the greats like Gary Halbert (whose letters are free online) and John Carlton. American Writers And Artists Institute has good copywriter training.

The very best way to learn the basics is to collect a swipe file of successful sales letters and study them. And copy each of them by hand over & over. That's how you get the skills embedded in your head.

A good coach will help you focus those skills to competency.

JoeSpirit, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  5. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And also, there's nothing wrong with brushing up on the basics. Even if you are just 'not taking as much time on forum posts' you really should make sure you take some time every once in a while and review some typical grammar stuff. Get a good understanding of things like APA or Chicago Style procedures, learn a bunch of different punctuation or grammar tricks, and really try to brush up on basic writing. You gotta know how to set up a sentence before you write copy, and the rest will come with time so long as you get the basics down.

MaxGoodman, Mar 17, 2017 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.