1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to correctly use keywords in article

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by elshaarawy, Mar 15, 2017.

Hello guys. I have a question.
    For example I have keywords:
    - crocodile temperament
    - crocodile behavior
    - crocodile personality

So, as you can see temperament / behavior / personality - it's all synonyms.
    For example I have an article in my blog "Crocodile behavior".
    Question. Can I use these 3 keywords ( keyphrases) - temperament / behavior / personality in the article? Or should I select the one keyword / keyphrases, like: crocodile temperament and use only this one? Of course, using all these words will be more better for me, because I think I can drive more traffic to my site, but I am not sure that this is good idea to use many keywords in one article. What do you think? What could you suggest me guys?

elshaarawy, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Always attempt to use as many keywords as you can. It demonstrates that you have a strong command of language. When you mix it up like that even if the words are of the same meaning, it keeps it interesting.
    The more words you use, the more your article jumps to life. Words are how we express ourselves, never be afraid of expression.

It's all good as long as you do not come across as boring. Being boring is tantamount to death in a blog.;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  3. srivin

srivin Member

Best Answers:
    Its always good to have main keyword .. there are some special places to include your keywords.

1) Permalink of your article
    2) Title of your article
    3) On first paragraph

etc ... you should always maintain a good relationship among permalink title and paragraphs of your article using keywords .. use sub titles on your article including keywords .. and also in comment section .. Comment sectiom is where most of authors forget about. You can use your keywords in reply to comments of your readers .. :)

srivin, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  4. elshaarawy

elshaarawy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    2 questions:
    1) what do you mean permalink of your article?
    2) if I will make fake comments on my site and answer myself with keyword in sentence, is it good idea?

elshaarawy, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  5. srivin

srivin Member

Best Answers:
    Permalink means the url of your artcile. For a example if i get this discussion .. Permalink of this discussion is "https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-correctly-use-keywords-in-article.2798438/#post-19442153" .. Like that ..:)

No . I didnt mean that you should make fake comments on your article. When others comment , reply to their comments with including your keywords. :)

srivin, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  6. iQu

iQu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Using different keywords are really well. But when you are in a tendency to rise up any specific page for any specific Keyword, then you must do not use these Keywords randomly!

Try this method I always use when writing any blog page.

# Title of the Page (Including the Keyword), use " | " this for multi-word using.
    # Slug (The URL of the page including the Keyword)
    # Meta description of the Page(It also includes the Keyword, try to keep the word in the front portion.)

For an instant, in your case, it will look like:

Title: Crocodile Temperament | Crocodile Personality
    URL: crocodile-temperament-and-personality
    META: You can write it as your own. But put "crocodile temperament" at the first of this description.

Hope that will help you out!
    Thanks

iQu, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  7. cinemagicllc

cinemagicllc Member

Best Answers:
    Correctly use Keywords in Article:
    * Look at your title – Use Keywords in Title of Article
    * Search summary - Use Keywords in Article Summary
    * Body of the article - Use Keywords in First paragraph
    * Keyword manipulation – Use combination (similar) of Keywords into Article
    * Keywords Density - 2 to 3 percentage are valid for article content

cinemagicllc, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  8. Shivani Shrivastav

Shivani Shrivastav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can certainly use synonyms of your main keyword. Because Google guidelines allow us to do that , as long as you are following the guidelines , it will surely increase your traffic moreover your ranking will get better.
    Thannks

Shivani Shrivastav, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes. You are encouraged to use synonyms in your article. You will rank for all these long tail keywords.

dcristo, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  10. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use synonyms but most importantly make sure that the article is readable and flows well.

chalice, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  11. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    Include keywords in your article in a natural way don't over stuff it & make it look like spam cause that will affect ranking of your article.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 22, 2017 IP
  12. Ursula Leiva

Ursula Leiva Peon

Best Answers:
    Decide on a definite topic for your article, this will make it easier to find keywords to include in your article. Keywords are the words that people search for in the search engines to find the information they require. If you have the exact wording or phrase that is searched for, in your article, then it is likely to have a good ranking in the search engines for that specific search, and potentially get you more traffic.

1. Use a keyword suggestion tool to generate keywords to include in your article. Google provides a free service called 'Google Adwords', which provides you with a list of keywords, based on a word or phrase that you type into the text box on the page. The Google Adwords tool gives you a list of commonly searched words and phrases, associated to the topic you entered, and tells you the 'Global Monthly Searches' of the phrase.
    2. Make a list of the words and phrases that you want to include in your article.Ideally you should have this list next to you when you are writing your article.
    3. Decide on a suitable title for your article that has at least one keyword in it. It is best to start the title with a keyword and not words such as 'A' or 'The'.
    4. Whilst writing your article on your chosen topic you need to include the keywords in the text. These keywords should be included naturally and the article should read smoothly. One keyword for every paragraph is likely to be enough. Don't over use keywords (keyword stuffing) - Google will notice and your website is unlikely to benefit and may even be banned.
    5. Re-read your article. Check that it reads naturally and doesn't sound as if loads of keywords are 'stuffed in'. Also check your punctuation and grammar. Your article is now ready to be published on your website or submitted to an article directory.

Ursula Leiva, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  13. Hemant chaudhary

Hemant chaudhary Member

Best Answers:
    Permalink is when you use keyword in your title and address looks like this => www. website.com/ xyz-your keyword-xyz/
    you should not make fake comments, Instead of doing it, use QA Websites and respond your question after few days. It will work for sure.

Hemant chaudhary, Mar 31, 2017 IP