1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging and Money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Muslim Farooque, Mar 14, 2017.

Hello friends,

i wanted to clear some queries about blogging as i wanted to start a blog soon and wanted to understand the whole dynamics of monetizing it etc,

1. Im unclear on how the process works tbh, do we post ads of products or webpages that are in coherence with our blog topic ourselves? or we are contacted by a company if our blog has many visitors per day

2. Does writing the blog in a particular way for example like in SEO terminology using adwordshelper or keywords to write an article boost the pages audience

3.How do we know which products to advertise on our blogs ? how do we know they want to be advertised in the first place?

Thanks alot

Muslim Farooque, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  2. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    You can monetize your site with the help of advertising systems.
    For example try Google Adsense

Hybirid, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  3. Muslim Farooque

Muslim Farooque Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Hybrid, Firstly Thanks a lot, Now i wanted to know that can we monetize our blog even if its on a free blogging site like Blogger where domain and hosting is not an issue or a free hosted WordPress blog, OR do we need a proper hosted blog to start this process of monetizing blog

and furthermore, how do we know what companies to add and create ads for on our website , i mean are there certain programs where i could find them? like affliate programs etc and are they easy to get into(pre-requisites)?

Muslim Farooque, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I haven't gotten involved with adsense. Quite frankly I don't have any websites that I want to drive visitors away from. So I won't answer to that part of your post.

As far as finding product to market you first need to decide what type of product you want to market. There are a lot of affiliate program platforms out there and they mostly focus on specific types of product. For instance, Clickbank and JVZoo have digital products while Commission Junction, Amazon, and Ebay have physical products.

Once you figure out which type of product you want to market go to one of those platforms (or any other you prefer), apply for an affiliate account, and research to find products for your marketing activities.

Most product vendors will provide marketing material, but I recommend that you study some copywriting techniques enough so that you at least have the ability to recognize good quality copy and can functionally write copy yourself when you need to.

JoeSpirit, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  5. Muslim Farooque

Muslim Farooque Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Joe, so what i can gather from your answer is that , if i want to start a blog for example i want to give product reviews , so ill try to maintain a variety blog, and in that try to incorporate reviews for physical products on amazon affiliate, now i have two questions

1. should i start with a free hosted blog on wordpress or Blogger.com ?
    2. what is the process of getting paid if adsense is not used?

Muslim Farooque, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  6. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most serious buyers search for reviews prior to making a purchase. Create a blog that's focused on reviewing products and services in a particular niche. If your reviews are well-written and authentic, you should be able to make sales as long as your blog ranks at the top of the search engines for targeted keywords.

gregdavidson, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    A review site is one way of marketing and review sites do work very well. In order to find success with reviews, you need to know the product. Consider that when you've used a product, like it, and continue using it yourself you can talk about it (review it) from experience with positive information. If you haven't used the product, or don't believe the product works like it's supposed to you can't give a truthful review. Either way, your opinion about that product absolutely will show up in the review you create.

Whether you host your blog with WordPress/Blogger or house it with a hosting provider is your choice. I personally prefer to maintain control of my online properties so I host my sites with service providers. Currently, I'm using Namecheap & Lifetime hosting. I have used HostGator and others in the past.

I use affiliate marketing and my own products to monetize my blogs. It's easy to get started with affiliate marketing although the competition is often high. Eventually, I recommend that you create your own product because you'll have less competition. And with your own product you can build your own force of affiliates to sell your product for you.

JoeSpirit, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  8. Tutorials Feed

Tutorials Feed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We can say that affiliating a product is the quite better way to market your product. But, as today many bloggers are struggling to make money and selecting the right path to make money online. So I say just monetization is not the right way to make money in its place use alternative methods.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Tutorials Feed, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  9. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    What alternative methods to monetization do you refer to Tutorials Feed? Not sure I quite follow you.

JoeSpirit, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  10. oyeahei

oyeahei Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to start a blog which can be monetized any time soon, you must choose a niche which is more profitable on the short run.
    As mentioned by others, you can review products/services on your blog.
    This will help you monetize your blog faster as companies will reach out to you for reviews.
    If your reviews are unbiased and authentic, you stand a great chance!

oyeahei, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  11. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The likelihood of making more than a few dollars a month from blogging is small, you must generate a very large audience in order to attract good advertisers that will pay more than a few cents for clicks. I believe the same content sitting on a magazine style website with a good domain name will generate more traffic and income. I don't see blogs showing up in search results and without search traffic success is impossible. You cannot make money buying traffic when your source of income is pennies from advertisements.

I would recommend you collaborate with a developer that can build a real website, potentially with direct e-commerce sales or the ability to participate in high paying programs. If your content is good and its located on a real website where it has a chance of generating organic traffic, and this can generate real profits which you can share. Depending on the quality of your writing and topics of interest I might even have a project for you. Send me a pm if interested.

cerno, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  12. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can promote affiliate products from companies like Clickbank, Amazon, Commission Junction, ShareASale and so on.

chalice, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  13. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The very first step for starting a blog is to choose a right niche (something you are passionate about). Write some quality and informative post to your blog which will be helpful to your readers. When you start receiving good amount of traffic than monetize it. If you are completely newbie than you can go with AdSense. Affiliate marketing is also one of the best way to monetize a blog and earn money from it.

iwebsocial, Mar 25, 2017 IP
  14. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, you'll need to be able to write fairly well about the topics of your choice.

When your blog starts to get traffic, you can advertise it through various ways, such as affiliate marketing, banner ads, email marketing etc.

DylanC, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  15. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use Adsense, this is chosen for you. Other people's ads are matched to your site based on keywords.

Best Seller, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  16. chitvan sobti

chitvan sobti Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    I write on various niches and even created my own blog. How can i earn money from my blog?

chitvan sobti, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  17. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    The best way I've found is to write original and high-quality content about your chosen niche on each blog site. But I think you can learn a lot if you read through this thread as your question is already answered above in my opinion.

JoeSpirit, Apr 19, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  18. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look into affiliate marketing with companies like Clickbank and Amazon. Also you can offer an e-book or a service on your blog.

chalice, Apr 20, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.