1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google Adwords block a certain advertiser's IP address?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Allen Or, Mar 14, 2017.

I have this question because I tried this just a month ago.

Everytime I create an adwords account for my website, they immediately suspend the account once I import campaigns to the account. Even I ask for appeal and the Google representative have no clue and cant help with my problem.

I thought it is the problem of my website or campaign. But when I asked my friend to create the account and import campaign, the account is fine. The website and the campaign are the same.

Anyone tried the before? What can I do to solve this issue? Is there any channel I can voice out this issue to Google?

Allen Or, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did your friend create the account and import campaign using your computer or his computer? If using his computer, throw your computer in the round file and get a new computer.

mmerlinn, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  3. VictMarketing

VictMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    First you suppose to have just one account , so I would advice this:
    use your wife name, email and credit card to create account,
    use different domain name, do not upload old campaigns just create them use a little different ads,
    but before you do the above try to understand why they suspended you in the first place and do not repeat the same mistake (clue is in what you were selling and what was on your website)
    Victorious Marketing

VictMarketing, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  4. Allen Or

Allen Or Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, yes he was using his own computer at his place.

5. Allen Or

Allen Or Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

I know I can use my wife's info to create the account, but I am just curious about why I need to.

My friend created the account exactly the same way I did. And if the suspension happens because of my website's issue, why is he able to create the account which is workable. That's the strangest thing!

6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no reason to have multiple accounts owned by the same entity (person or company) to promote the same products and/or to the same site. It is in fact against their terms of service and Google has evidently figured they were all from you. That's why it worked for your friend and likely will work for your wife: at the moment, they are in Google's good books. However, if either tries the same thing, they'll be banned too before long. So it's not your site, it's you. They basically want you to go away because they believe you are trying to game the system.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  7. Allen Or

Allen Or Peon

Best Answers:
    But I have no problem in creating account for my another website.
    And I used a MCC to accommodate all the accounts I created.

Allen Or, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  8. dburk

dburk Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Allen,

AdWords may disapprove ads, also they will sometimes approve an ad only later to disapprove the same due to a suspended website. And if an advertiser violates the same policy repeatedly, or commits a violation that Google finds to be especially egregious you can be forever banned from advertising on AdWords.

You need to check the emails they sent you when your account was suspended the first time to see why you were suspended. That message will tell you which policy category you violated and provide a link that explains more details about the policy and what you may bea able to do to fix it. If an advertiser has been banned, you cannot simply open a new account and continue to advertise. They are going to be looking for that and will instantly suspend you new account, as you have obviously already discovered.

If you want to continue to advertise with AdWords you must rectify, if possible, the original policy violation, along with any other subsequent policy violations. Any new account you open will be instantly shut down as soon as they have enough data to link you to the originally suspended account. Typically this occurs whenever you enter payment details. You payment details will connect your name and address to the name and address on the original suspended account.

Please note that payment details are just one method of linking those accounts, the same computer, the same Google account being used on the same computer, or any other personally identifiable data might get used to link your new account to the suspended account.

The worst thing you can do is to ignore that original policy violation, AdWords doesn't like advertisers that are callous about following policies and not immediately correcting accidental policy violations.

Also, each time you open a new account that gets linked you are logging yet another policy violation, so if you try too many times t get around the suspension by more policy violations you are more likely to end up with a permanent ban from AdWords.

Review the original violation to see if it is something that can be rectified (not an egregious violation). If so, go to work fixing the original cause of the suspension and submit a request to have your website, and ads reviewed for reconsideration. It can take weeks for the Suspension review team to get in touch with you so be patient and followup periodically to make sure you are still in the process.

HTH,

Don Burk

dburk, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  9. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's not a suspended site issue you are getting banned because the new account is being traced back to you via an e-mail, IP, footprint of some kind like same credit card.

jerdei, Mar 26, 2017 IP