1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First web design in a long time, review appriciated

Discussion in 'Design' started by temi, Mar 13, 2017.

I have not design a website in a very long time, talking 5 years or longer. This is definately my first website since responsie design became the norm. Well, I will very much appriciate your feedback about my new website, what do you think of the design, is it functional or can it be improved, epecially on mobile platform? The url is https://www.newsmakers.co.uk/ .

I appriciate your feedback and the time you have taken to provide it.

Cheers

temi, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  2. zibolin

zibolin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Looks ok, mobile friendly, maybe upper part is a bit empty and I am not sure if after hovering over those two buttons top part should be expanded.

zibolin, Mar 13, 2017 IP
    temi likes this.
  3. temi

temi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback. Much appriciated

temi, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    First, not sure I like the logo. It looks like it was made with one of those free online logo generators. You should order a logo here on DP (https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/design-contests.94/) you'd be surprised at the quality and how fast it will be delivered to you for $20-$30. Second, it looks a bit like a ghost town at the moment. You need to make it look more full, more "happy" if you wish. The "Latest Press Releases" div on the index page should probably be gone. It looks out of place. The blue background under "Newsmakers Press Release Distribution" should be changed to a nice background image. Third, the "Get Started" and "Learn More" buttons have a weird hover transition. That jump from a small button to a large button looks amateurish. Don't change their size on hover, just change the background color. And lastly, you may want to add a favicon. It's kind of standard to have it.

qwikad.com, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  5. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    As of whole the website is very good. But make the logo more creative & trendy, check the blank space balance in the contact us page.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 16, 2017 IP
    temi likes this.
  6. temi

temi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for your detailed feedback. Much appriciated

temi, Mar 16, 2017 IP