1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do people get cheap product to sell on Ebay?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by the_monk, Jan 23, 2007.

1. glen176

glen176 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    let say.. its depend how we know about the leverage at the low price. or something unique good made interest market so bid rise every minute..

glen176, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  2. mfine

mfine Member

Best Answers:
    You can try wholesale2b.com. This site is dedicated to people interested in selling dropship products from reputable dropship suppliers. This site gathers products from the top suppliers and gives you tools and services to help you sell these products online. This is a big advantage because with just 1 membership you get access to over a million dropship products with true wholesale prices. In fact you also get the names of the suppliers in case you want to do the order fulfillment yourself. They give you the names of their suppliers and so the wholesale prices are exactly the same.

mfine, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  3. bbeckl

bbeckl Peon

Best Answers:
    You will get very very few straight answers on forums like this. like mentioned earlier, new seller with the brain cell is going to give up the source: that they buy from. And not to mention, you're likely not going to be able to get into any big sellers with 1, 2, 3 or even $5000. I've read this whole thread to see a bunch of junk spam garbage dropshippers listed. Pretty pathetic

bbeckl, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  4. googlaro

googlaro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't try this website. The majority of the products have missing details such as brand name, MPN ,shipping policy ,small images opposite from ebay guidelines. Many categories do not have products and the procedure to put a product is too slow.

I didn't achieve to put one product because the connection was too slow when i could surf at other websites without problem. I asked refund and they returned me 13.13€ from the 23.43€ and i used their service only half day. Their products have many incomplete information which makes it difficult to put them on ebay. Also many products don't have shipping policy description which ebay asks this information as compulsory.

googlaro, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  5. cindy scaccia

cindy scaccia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many places to get products. You can find antiques and collectibles at yardsales and flea markets. You can look up some wholesale suppliers on Google. Try gencomarketplace.com which buys out excess products in all sorts of categories or GlobalSourcesDirect.com which imports products from the Far East.

cindy scaccia, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  6. James O.

James O. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like someone earlier said, some products on ebay are people selling their used stuff. on the other hand, you can products on wholesale and then retail on ebay. Even ebay has a provision for buying wholesale at discounted price or you probably check out sites like wholesalecentral.com; get cheap stuff there. Hope this helps...

James O., Apr 26, 2016 IP
  7. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    2 great sources is yard sales and goodwill. If your willing to look around you will always find great deals and do your research on what sells good on ebay. If your not sure then while your there look it up on Ebay on your smart phone to see if the item is selling good. If so then grab it from the store or yard sale fast.

socialsite, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  8. CELEBGOSSIPNEWS

CELEBGOSSIPNEWS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    charity shops is also a good place I hear.

CELEBGOSSIPNEWS, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  9. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I would recommend Alibaba for non branded goods. For branded goods, I dun suggest dealing with anyone other than the distributors of the brands.

wisdomtool, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  10. manish21thakur

manish21thakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ebay is the perfect place to make money online, but not everyone knows where to find products to sell on Ebay. There's no magic secret to finding these sources! You can find them right here, listed on this page.

manish21thakur, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  11. RM Flyn

RM Flyn Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with people who are saying that alibaba is not safe.

RM Flyn, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  12. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't really agree that Alibaba is not safe, everything is not safe on the Internet. You have to be careful and do your own due diligence.

wisdomtool, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  13. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Doing your own due diligence when buying from suppliers on Alibaba can be a very costly mistake. Thousands of people have been scammed by suppliers listed on Alibaba, including many Gold Suppliers.

On Alibaba, it is not easy to find genuine manufacturers. A very high percentage of suppliers listed there are traders masquerading as manufacturers.

Very few people understand due diligence, and they trust what is published by sellers on such sites as Alibaba. Most think that the Gold Supplier badge means that the supplier is genuine and reliable.

Now that Alibaba has changed their policy and will only allow Gold Suppliers to respond to sales inquiries, they have made more millions of dollars selling Gold Supplier badges to suppliers who were previously only Verified Suppliers. So what's the difference?

Verified Suppliers are free advertisers who have been checked out by Alibaba, who have done enough verification to confirm that the business is registered and does exist. They visit the premises to confirm that the business is there. It doesn't matter if the premises are a rent by the day office, at least on the day Alibaba visited, the business was actually there.

Gold Suppliers are advertisers who have been checked out by Alibaba, who have done enough verification to confirm that the business is registered and does exist. They visit the premises to confirm that the business is there. It doesn't matter if the premises are a rent by the day office, at least on the day Alibaba visited, the business was actually there. In addition they have verified that the check for buying the badge has been paid by the bank.

Did you spot the difference? Suppliers who pay the fee, which can be as low as $699, get the Gold badge and that gives the impression that they are safer to deal with than the ones who didn't buy the Gold badge. But the verification process has only confirmed that the business exists.

If you want to learn about safe product sourcing, ask your questions on my thread: Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing

Walter Hay

Importexport, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When I was selling on eBay I was importing from China/Korea. A lot of their customer service speak English so the language barrier is not a huge issue, but returns can be problematic. You need to know you're dealing with a good company.

dcristo, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  15. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    If you find a supplier where they can't communicate in English - look for one that does. It's as simple as that. It helps to understand the Asian way of thinking and especially the Chinese way of doing business.

I have taught many hundreds of people how to safely source products direct from factories in China, Korea, Vietnam, Turkey, India and many other countries. I also teach how to find that elusive "good company." See Post #93 above, and also you might like to check out my thread:
    Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing where you can have your safe sourcing and importing questions answered.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  16. Greenerdayz

Greenerdayz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Doba has been around for ages and sometimes has good bargains but the only way to really make money on Ebay is to stay in the top 5 lowest prices. You will never beat the ones who buy massive amounts of bulk merchandise but if you can show you are reliable you can start getting sales.

Greenerdayz, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  17. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    If you follow the crowds and use dropship membership sites like Doba where you pay for the privilege of becoming a customer, you will immediately have thousands of competitors. Those thousands have all paid for access to the exact same supplier lists that you have paid for.

This means you will have to follow the advice of Greenerdayz, and join the race to the bottom with your low pricing.

The suggestion that you can't compete with "the ones who buy massive amounts of bulk merchandise" is a repeat of the myth that you have to place large orders if you want to buy direct from manufacturers. If buying locally, that could be true, but if you are buying in China or other exporting countries, it's not true.

I've taught hundreds of people how to buy small quantities (or large quantities if they want to) direct from genuine manufacturers in China and other countries. One basic rule I teach in my book is to forget about Minimum Order Quantities. (MOQ). Once you know what you are doing, you can buy a lot less than the quoted MOQ at real ex-factory prices.

Another myth is that you can get huge discounts if you place huge orders. That's not true either. I will soon post an article on my AMA thread Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing explaining how discounts work in Asian countries and will reveal the sort of discounts you can expect for big volume orders.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  18. Karl Meral

Karl Meral Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to buy in bulk, but don't buy the things that everyone is buying. Think outside the Boxes. I made some good Income selling Design Lamps on Ebay :)

Karl Meral, Mar 8, 2017 IP
  19. GeekerM000

GeekerM000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Off course the products are cheap but for life lasting its also cheap.

GeekerM000, Mar 8, 2017 IP
  20. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you mean by bulk. I have had people who use my book start off with as little as $300 and make a very profitable business out of importing and selling on eBay and Amazon.

You don't have to buy big quantities to get factory prices direct from real manufacturers in China.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Mar 8, 2017 IP