1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ecommerce Site Help

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Nicole Capizzi, Feb 21, 2017.

I recently launched an ecommerce site for my brick and mortar clothing store. What are some of the most effective ways to get visitors to my store?

Nicole Capizzi, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  2. Gias_Accessories

Gias_Accessories Peon

Best Answers:
    social media is your best bet.

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter , Pintrest , You tube ,

Lets network https://www.facebook.com/giasaccessories/

Gias_Accessories, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the most effective ways to generate traffic for your site (in my experience) is to provide high-value content that is original and written in your own voice. That technique is slow, but it works well over time.

The fastest and highly effective method is to use paid traffic. You need to be careful when selecting vendors for paid traffic. For your niche I would suggest starting with online classified ads.

You can do a search for free classified ads, and get a good list. For instance: Craigslist.

Another technique you can use is to create marketing videos and publish them on YouTube. Since you're in the clothing niche an example that comes to mind is a video of a fashion show.

JoeSpirit, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  4. Gias_Accessories

Gias_Accessories Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok cool thank you i will look into the paid traffic. i made this video but having a hard time getting views on youtube

5. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    share your product on nice facebook groups, it is most powerful technique for getting traffic instantly.

David Jones42, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  6. Gias_Accessories

Gias_Accessories Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I have done that most groups i join are 20k-200k size do you know of any groups with a million?

7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    The video looks good to me. I notice it's only been posted for 4 days. And it has 47 views, including mine. I have to say I wouldn't be disappointed with that. I think you need to keep promoting the video and you'll see the views increasing over time.

JoeSpirit, Feb 23, 2017 IP
  8. Gias_Accessories

Gias_Accessories Peon

Best Answers:
    ok cool thank you

Gias_Accessories, Feb 23, 2017 IP
  9. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    If you want faster results I recommend doing some paid advertising. Relying on organic and free traffic techniques is a slow process most of the time.

JoeSpirit, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  10. jerytohn

jerytohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    For free traffic, build a following on facebook, twitter, pinterest and google+. Regularly post images and videos to these sites as well. Do paid traffic with adwords, bing and facebook ads

jerytohn, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  11. riyacse

riyacse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    first you need to do SEO for your website then increase traffic for your domain

riyacse, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  12. swetafpatel

swetafpatel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, agree with you. To get fast and organic traffic on our website paid advertisement is very good techniques.

swetafpatel, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  13. seoemporium

seoemporium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are multiple ways to drive traffic to an ecommerce store. Realize first that since your site is new it is going to take time to earn this traffic for free or organically from the search engines. Google likes aged websites, so you have to give it some time. But you can't just let your website just sit there and expect traffic to arrive. You have to show to the search engines that your site is an authority and can be trusted and then traffic will come your way.

I would need to see your site in order to give specific recommendations, but my first suggestion would be to target lower traffic and less competitive keywords. Clothing is ultra competitive so you will need to find a keyword niche to go after.

Once you have determined keywords to target I would then optimize your site, category and product pages around these.

Make sure you have an active blog with amazing content, targeting these keywords.

This is just a brief summary of techniques to try. For a detailed explanation on how to increase traffic to our ecommerce site, check out:
    http://www.surgestream.com/how-to-drive-traffic-to-your-e-commerce-website/

[​IMG]

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

seoemporium, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  14. Maruf Abdullah Rion

Maruf Abdullah Rion Member

Best Answers:
    Social Media Marketing will be the best for you. Keep your Fan Pages up to date. Join in some niche related groups and start discussing with others in safe way. Grow your brand/store awareness and after a certain time you will see that you are getting valuable returns.

Maruf Abdullah Rion, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  15. mohanwgl

mohanwgl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to create/focus on categories where you have full inventory. Don't keep your categories empty. Only add categories when you are confident that the inventory is sufficient to not just keep the users on your site but also not to lose the impression that you do not have sufficient material on your store. If you have a half baked category then people will carry that assumption in their minds for a long period and you may end losing repeat customers to your site. Hope this small brief adds up. Thanks and All the Best

mohanwgl, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  16. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to make your store known. Of course, social media is one of the best because it's free. Paid advertising is good if you have the budget for it. Email marketing can be effective as well. Giving flyers and putting posters can also help. All of these done together can drive traffic to your site.

Milliardo, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  17. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    I hope your website is fully ready, if yes then go ahead with PPC to get direct traffic from Ads at SERP or else go with Social media pages to get the direct traffic. Optimize your page, promote it in different communities, hashtag trending topic related to your niche. You can use Ads also in social network to reach the targeted users within less number of time.

Scriptechweb, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  18. Ben McGallan

Ben McGallan Banned

Best Answers:
    Fanpage on facebook, instagram is necessary for you.
    I see that you like video, so maybe youtube account ? I'm sure it will be a great thing for your customers.

Ben McGallan, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  19. sno328

sno328 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joe makes a good point. Creating good content isn't an instant solution, but it will help in the long run by building a solid foundation. Also there's a lot of people just trying to drop ship or re-sell things from Alibaba. You can't just throw products onto a site expect people to buy it. You need to have a story: WHY should I buy from you?? There needs to be some compelling reason - best quality? best design? cheapest? etc...

I've fallen into the trap of "make it and they will come" mentality. Figure out who your target customers are first and hang out there. Never assume.

sno328, Apr 9, 2017 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  20. meanands

meanands Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create a facebook page for your brand. Invite everyone on your friend list to like your page. Start sharing links (with high-quality images) of your product landing pages. You won't get likes. That's normal. But keep posting. Then share this links to some active facebook groups related to your product niche. But never spam.

Then you can try boosting your facebook page posts for fewer amounts. Make sure you set the right geo-targeting conditions. This will create awareness about your brand among the people in your targeted locations.

You should convert these visitors to subscribers (because you tried so hard to get them). Otherwise, they will just visit your website and go away without purchasing. You can use email newsletters and web push notifications for this. A growing subscriber base is the biggest asset for your e-commerce business. You can send latest products, offers and discounts to your subscribers daily.

And Measure! You need to use Google analytics on your website to find out the sources of traffic to your website. This will help you figure the best marketing channel that actually works and you can optimise it.

meanands, May 6, 2017 IP