1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How hard was it for you to get traffic to your site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, Feb 9, 2017.

I did not know that getting traffic to my website would be that hard. I thought that it would be easy, but it wasn't and it is still isn't. I have tried everything, from SEs to social media, and still I can't get organic traffic to my site. I have been patient, I waited for more than 2 years, but still no traffic.

How hard was it for you to get traffic to your site? And how long till you got steady organic traffic? What was the hardest part?

FarrisFahad, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've found that getting traffic to my sites isn't really hard at all. That's the easy part.

What's difficult about traffic generation is getting targeted traffic. If all you attract to your site is tire kickers you waste your efforts.

JoeSpirit, Feb 9, 2017 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Some big dogs lost 80% of their organic traffic after the Panda update. It could be that your site is affected by Panda too.

qwikad.com, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  4. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Does bounce rate have anything to do with Panda update? Because my site bounce rate is above 90%.

5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Panda is weeding out sites with low quality content (so that they would never get to the top of the search results). Low quality content may increase the bounce rate, but I don't think that's the issue with your site. However, the overall quality of your landing page(s) can be. Do you mind sharing your site?

qwikad.com, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  6. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sure: www.picturepunches.com

7. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    yes it is hard now a days because competition goes increase day by day in every niche. but still we can drive traffic easily using social media like fb groups.

David Jones42, Feb 9, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  8. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quite hard man! And still fighting for that :/

robinymym, Feb 10, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  9. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I took a look at your site, and I have to ask what you're trying to accomplish with it. Are you trying to sell advertising space?
    Also, What are you really asking here? You start off with stating that you're having trouble getting traffic, and then you say you have a 90% bounce rate. I'm a little confused as to what your asking of us.

JoeSpirit, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  10. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I do have trouble too, but most of my sites are only a month or two old. It takes alot of work in each particular section, Social, SEO etc.

Matteo Matt, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  11. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You say you have tried everything, but you did not mention the MOST important thing, CONTENT. Content is the ONLY thing that results in REPEAT visitors and repeat visitors lower the bounce rate drastically. Keep adding USEFUL content to your site.

Also, I see no mention of forum postings, although I suspect that could be lumped under social media. If you have not started, become a member of numerous forums in your fields of interest and start posting. Organic links will follow IF the content of your site is USEFUL to the forum participants.

When I put up my site 10 years ago I started getting organic links within days. My site has grown to over 9000 pages and ranks, according to Google, in the #7 position on the first search results page for searches relating to my site.

90% bounce rate means nothing. If you have 10 visitors a year a 90% bounce rate means 9 bounced, which is nothing. However, if you have 100,000 visitors a year, a 90% bounce rate (90,000 bounces) is extremely worrisome for two reasons. Either you are not targeting the right audience or your content is not useful to your audience.

I visited this page. You have NOTHING for the bots to index so Google searches will not drive targeted visitors to your site. Google CANNOT index the contents of images. You need to add a text description below each picture, preferably around 200 words long for each picture. That will get you some targeted traffic which may return.

Further you need to be constantly adding new content. Unless you do, there is NO REASON for anyone to return and NO REASON for anyone to link to you.

mmerlinn, Feb 10, 2017 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  12. dave070

dave070 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go beyond the search engines and study social media. It's easier than you think and yields great results if done properly. However, content is KING!

dave070, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  13. r00t3d

r00t3d Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's easy if u work hard
    My site at start was getting 100~500 visits per day after 1 month it jumped to 500~900
    after 1.5 months, im getting 10k to 15k daily visitors :D

r00t3d, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  14. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you doing search engine optimization? Do some keyword research too to see what keywords are converting for your competitors.

highphiverr, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  15. kunalP

kunalP Member

Best Answers:
    Any Suggestions for a Startup business how to get more Accurate Traffic? Apart from Adwords? it always says that landing page expirience is poor where as my page contains all targeted keywords and also is pretty fast

kunalP, Feb 18, 2017 IP
  16. laly777

laly777 Peon

Best Answers:
    images00.jpg hi

laly777, Feb 18, 2017 IP
  17. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of great suggestions and comments on your question that have been provided above. But after looking at your site and considering your dilemma, here are a few things that may help you:
    • Your Site: while the basic layout of your site is clean and interesting with pictures and graphics, I'm not really clear on what your site is about. Tell people what they'll find on your site when they land there. Here are a few examples, http://uberhumor.com/ , http://www.cracked.com/ , http://www.break.com/pictures/ , these are just a few but some of them have a description above the fold on their website which helps Google.

• Words and graphics: Graphics and pictures age great, but Google search engines (as was mentioned above by mmerlinn) cannot search images. They rely on text and in your text there has to be keywords, e.g. funny pictures, pictures, etc. etc. So add alt text to your images. Alternative text is what is displayed if for whatever reason your picture can't load. But also add some kind of description for each image. Even a sentence or two is better than nothing

• Look into SEO (Search Enging Optimization) strategies. A great free site to learn the basics of SEO is http://tools.seobook.com/
    Hopefully these will help you to at least get started in improving your ranking.

Dana C. Beck, Feb 20, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  18. Spencer Keife

Spencer Keife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The hard part isn't necessarily getting the traffic. That part comes pretty easily. The hard part is capturing the potential customers once the arrive to your site. Make sure that your site looks clean and professional. A cluttered website may reflect that your business is cluttered and in disarray. Focus on your SEO and content both on your site and on social media. Good content relays a message of professionalism and confidence to customers visiting your site who end up being more likely to choose you or your company.

Spencer Keife, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  19. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are excellent points! I agree your content will make-or-break your website. If you have poor content you might get some visitors, but I can assure you, they won't come back. I also agree with your take on the bounce rate. Your bounce rate is relative as you pointed out.

Thanks for the post, I found it very useful and informative!

Dana C. Beck, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  20. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how much content you want to produce. Using social media or paid traffic should bring quite a lot of traffic.

daronch, Feb 21, 2017 IP