1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to minimize radiation exposure when using mobile phones!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scurvy, Jan 10, 2017.

Radiation exposure from mobile devices even though not of the ionizing nature can still lead possibly to cancer in the long term. So why risk it?

Here are some ways you can drastically reduce your exposure while still benefiting from their use.

1) When making calls try to use the speaker phone or handsfree options as much as possible.

2) When carrying it in your pocket try and keep a thick wallet between the phone and your skin. Even millimeters can make a huge reduction when it comes to RF radiation exposure.

3) When you reach your destination or are travelling by car take the phone out of you pocket and keep it on the dashboard or on a table.

4) Use an anti-radiation case for your phone. Even though some devices maybe snake-oil there are actually some effective cases out there and you can find them with a bit of Googling.

5) Use of the phone when the signal is weak means much more radiation exposure. So always try and get to a place with at least 4 bars of signal strength.

6) When playing games or watching movies and listening to music that does not require a cellular connection try as much as possible to switch phone to airplane mode. Airplane mode shuts off the cellular connection and drops radiation to zero.

7) Choose a phone that has a low radiation output, specified by their SAR rating. Googling for smartphones with lowest SAR rating will help you find the best device with the least RF output.

scurvy, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Or, since these are all unsubstantiated claims, mostly expressed by conspiracy-nuts across the globe, one could just not give a fuck, and live happily. There is NO scientific evidence for radiation from mobile phones/infrastructure causing any malignent tumors in humans. Not ONE. That doesn't necessarily mean that there is absolutely no danger, but the risk, after using mobile phones for 4 decades, should be deemed minimal - since there is no increase in brain tumors, or ball tumors, or whatever you want to call it, that can be attributed to cellphones.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 2, 2017 IP
    Agent000 likes this.
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What a load of dribble. Take off your tin foil hat.

Agent000, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  4. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's an easy one, visit Ken Rohla's site and purchase the aamoraa phone shield balancer, a device that uses nano-tech crystals to help reduce radioactive frequencies through scalar technology. Remember when everyone told thomas edison that electricity doesn't exist?

https://www.freshandalive.com/fresh-and-alive-content/products-aamoraa-phone-shield.htm

highphiverr, Feb 4, 2017 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Or, you can buy a custom-made, 100% guaranteed tinfoil hat from me. The trick with my tinfoil hat is that I put the shiny side facing out to bounce back not only mobile radiation, but to deflect the mind probe technologies of the CIA and NSA. It also blocks UFO transmissions and will shield you from being abducted by the greys. Alas, it has no power over urban myths; they are too powerful. But, with my deluxe version, you can also use it to make a fantastic baked potato (full disclosure: potato, sour cream and butter not included.)

jrbiz, Feb 5, 2017 IP
    malky66 and Agent000 like this.
  6. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what about them anal probes?

scurvy, Feb 7, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That costs extra. :)

jrbiz, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I guess the danger still exists:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...raft-released-by-california-health-officials/

Health officials’ overall recommendation is to “increase the distance between you and your phone” by using a headset, the speaker phone function and text messaging. Health officials recommend not sleeping near your phone and not carry it in your pocket or directly on your body, unless it is off.

qwikad.com, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  9. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See its good to listen to your God- I am making a video on this soon.

scurvy, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  10. jbbryant

jbbryant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We'll find that out in 30 to 60 years if they are really harmful once the children born today shows evidence mobile phone radiation is really that harmful. Most of us won't be probably alive by then.

Just to share, I have a cousin born in the 90s that's exposed to mobile phone radiation, mother is using one during pregnancy, the father is using one all the time, kid grew up in a house where the latest in mobile tech come and go. Today there's no signs of any effect if there ever was, the kid is even a student athlete playing tennis and just finished university last year. Yes there's a small risk but you're more likely to be hit by a car or die in a heart attack than be killed by a mobile phone radiation.

jbbryant, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  11. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

scurvy, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  12. Nathan047

Nathan047 Member

Best Answers:
    As much as I like to try to be healthy, modern technology is probably going to extend my life WAY longer that it'll shorten my life. I may die from cancer at 80, but modern technology might have saved me from dying of an infection at 40, not to mention the fact that it's making my life a lot easier now (everything from driving to work in my car to my contacts correcting my vision). Besides, like @PoPSiCLe said, there is yet to be any evidence that the radiation is enough to be harmful (remember, even the sun's light has small amounts of radiation).

Nathan047, Mar 7, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.