1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Convince Designers?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 30, 2017.

I have to work with web design team while working in various web development project. It’s part of my daily job. However, one common problem that I face is that I find it extremely difficult to convince them in design issues.

For example a couple of days back we have published an awesome piece of content on our company blog. Which got plenty of likes and shares in social media. But the share buttons are at the bottom of the page. So most of the time visitors skipped the share button even though they liked the article.

Once I asked to our web design team: Can I get a floating like a share button on the blog pages? They immediately deny it and said that it will break the design. On that moment I have a head bang feeling.

So how can I convince my designers the business end of a web site? Hope to get some advice from experts.

Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... don't the designers work for you (or the company?) Granted, it's good that they protest against stupid ideas (and to be frank, most ideas from non-professionals are stupid, most of the time) - but for something like this, it doesn't sound like a thing that will break anything - it would just be a shift in design, not a rebuild, and shouldn't really affect the design severly. It also sounds like a relatively smart idea, to either have a side-tab with share-icons, or have the buttons placed either both on top and on the bottom, or embedded in the content-text somewhere. Doesn't sound like a big deal, and should be an easy fix.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  3. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    What CMS is your company blog built on? If it's Wordpress, all it needs is an installation of a plugin. It takes less than 10 mins.

daronch, Feb 26, 2017 IP