1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCommerce multivendor (non profit) project

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by corlas, Jan 17, 2017.

Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I need to let you know that I have asked some of the major supplier (woocommerce, etc) this questions and none of them was able to help.

Details:

I need to create an ecommerce website that allows me to setup multiple stores withing the same site. A bit like a virtual shopping mall.

Every vendor must be able to choose his/her own method of payment (typically they will choose paypal). We would only make the platform available to them. We would NOT be charging a percentage of the sale. They will be allowed to setup their own store (for free) and drop their own products.

What solution would work for us?

It is critical that visitors look at the products by geolocations (i.e.: we prefer visitors buy products made nearby).

I am getting desperate .... thanks !!!

corlas, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  2. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Magento will be the best solution for you to meet your requirements instead of WordPress/WooCommerce. Magento has better security and good multivendor functionality. All what you mentioned is possible in Magento.

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  3. corlas

corlas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Shahzad for your time, you know I have some doubts about magento as I did ask already some senior magento admins and they discouraged me from using it. Do you have a demo/existing site that I can look at? Or alternatively a plugin/add-on module that I can test?

Thanks !

corlas, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  4. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please share some references where they showed the doubts? Are they really Magento admins?

No, i don't have link at the moment.

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  5. corlas

corlas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I may give it ago. In addition to the standard installation what plugin/add-on module would help me to setup a multivendor marketplace where the vendor takes care of hi sales without the super-admin making any intervention?

corlas, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  6. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello corlas..

I have a website which is a multivendor marketplace created on Wordpress using woocommerce plugin.. check it out on www.apnaplaza.com

If that is what you want then let me know.

shah786, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  7. corlas

corlas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your message. Well that seems a regular ecommerce doesn't it? It may be multivendor but DOES THE ADMIN COLLECT THE PAYMENTS and then keeps a commission before sending the remaining funds to the vendor?

If that is the case then it won't work. Let me repeat. THIS IS A NON PROFIT AND WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH COLLECTING MONEY. We only want to offer the platform. If you do NOT collect payments then your solution may work for us...

Is that the case?

Thanks.

corlas, Jan 28, 2017 IP
  8. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    Multi-Vendor is standalone eCommerce software that allows you to create an online marketplace. In Multi-Vendor, independent vendors can sell their products through a single storefront.
    In Multi-Vendor merchants can:

• Manage their orders, products, filters, options, and features
    • Add vendor administrators with different access levels to the admin panel
    • Add different informational pages, polls, forms, and links
    • View vendor account balance
    • Set shipping methods and taxes
    • Choose currency and language
    • Import or export products and orders

appkodes, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  9. corlas

corlas Active Member

Best Answers:
    But then again it doesn't do what I have asked right?

i.e.: DOES THE ADMIN COLLECT THE PAYMENTS and then keeps a commission (or even no commission) before sending the remaining funds to the vendor?

If that is the case then it won't work. Let me repeat. THIS IS A NON PROFIT AND WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH COLLECTING MONEY. We only want to offer the platform. If you do NOT collect payments then your solution may work for us...

Is that the case?

corlas, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  10. pradeep3120

pradeep3120 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate your idea of starting a nonprofit multi vendor marketplace where vendors are no more going to get charged for selling their own products.

I would like to recommend you to develop your online store on Magento framework.

It is open source platform which enables it to be easily customizable. Once your online store is ready with Magento framework you can transform it into multi vendor marketplace where you can allow multiple vendors to open their shop and carry on with their business.

You can get your store converted into online marketplace with the help of “CedCommerce” it provides you marketplace extension with two variants you can opt for any one according to your convenience.

There are various features under this extension to make your experience better like multiple payment method addon feature allows vendor to opt for the payment method according to his/her convenience.

You can also set commission manually for every sale with the help of commission addon feature.

It is really easy for vendor to upload his products in bulk with the help of mass import export addon.

There is much more to explore with CedCommerce. Visit this store and get answer for all your queries.

pradeep3120, Jun 17, 2017 IP