1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think a Local Business Website need to Have All this Features?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 26, 2017.

Hello Experts

I was wondering if any of you have ever prepared a list of features which is mandatory for a local business website. I think it’s good to have such a list from both client and developers end.

For example, this recently published article titled “53 Must-Have Features for Local Business Websites [Infographic]” covers almost all of the important features that a local business website should have. I think it will be a valuable resource for web designers. What do you think?

Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  2. Md Taiful Islam Khan

Md Taiful Islam Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    correction : i think the article that i was talking wasn't linked properly. Here is the actual link :
    https://www.webalive.com.au/local-business-website-features/

Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I went to that site. One of their suggestions was:

But they BREAK THEIR OWN RULES. Their fonts are HARD TO READ and their color contrast is ATROCIOUS (LIGHT GRAY text on a WHITE background). Since they are OBVIOUSLY hypocrites (not following their own suggestions) I find it hard to believe that ANY of their suggestions have merit. Yes, most do have merit, but you would never know it by how THEY apply those suggestions TO THEIR OWN SITE.

mmerlinn, Jan 28, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm... did we see the same site? There is no light gray on white that I can see, nor is the font hard to read. Are you sure you're not running a user-stylesheet, overriding theirs? The site in question looks like this here: http://imgur.com/a/5Ehly No light gray, not hard to read...

PoPSiCLe, Jan 28, 2017 IP
  5. Md Taiful Islam Khan

Best Answers:
    Hi mmerlinn. I'm glad that you've had a look at our infographic. We're sorry to hear that you've found our fonts hard to read.

We've used the sans typeface which is widely recommended for websites. We want our site text to be easily readable for all display sizes.

Though it's true that in this era of HD displays, the serif typeface will work too. But we don't want readers with low-res displays to face difficulty reading our blog.

Regarding the colour combination, would you prefer a darker font colour?

Just like PoPSiCle has said, we didn't think our site is hard to read. But your opinion matters. So please let us know which font and colour combination you recommend.

Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 28, 2017 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Could be they are just providing an exhaustive list of all possible features / options. It doesn't mean you have to have them all. From a user's perspective, it's a bit overboard. If you do decide to have as many features / options as possible, make 90% of them optional. The required options should be limited to: Title, Body, Map / Directions / Address, Contact Info.

qwikad.com, Jan 29, 2017 IP
  7. Md Taiful Islam Khan

Best Answers:
    Well, I would rather say the title, body, map and contact info are the bare minimum. We wanted to give a complete list of features for any local business site.
    Have you checked the features after number 34? We think every site owner must keep these in mind.

Md Taiful Islam Khan, Jan 29, 2017 IP