1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Use of website url in title tag

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by savi308, Jan 12, 2017.

Is it good to use website url in title tag? Need guidance.

savi308, Jan 12, 2017 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It can be good for branding (at the end of the URL) - otherwise not really, it's better just to include the keywords for SEO.

dcristo, Jan 12, 2017 IP
  3. Afrojaalam.seo

Afrojaalam.seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Title tag is the best area for a keyword, if you get an exact match domain then you can use it for your main keyword, after then you use this main keyword inside the title tag. It is good practice for normal web site, at last I agree with dcristo that it is good only for branding like: Facebook, Google, Twitter etc.

Afrojaalam.seo, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  4. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sorry I meant to say at the end of the title tag.

dcristo, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  5. TaxServicesChicago

TaxServicesChicago Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't agree to use website url in title tag. I think it will be better if this use in keyword content.

TaxServicesChicago, Jan 14, 2017 IP
  6. DeedOk

DeedOk Peon

Best Answers:
    If your domain name is not more lengthy then of-course you can use in end of the title tag but if its more lengthy url then try to use it only in description.

DeedOk, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  7. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If branding isn't important I wouldn't include it at all.

dcristo, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  8. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never do that. But you could use the brand name at the end of the title.

LinkGenie, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  9. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not useful at all because the Title limit is about 55 character and by including the URL in the title you are using some characters. Use the title to contain at least 2 or 3 of the page's main keywords for best SEO.

Naina S, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  10. ksb

ksb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to use "your brand name" at the end of your Title. You can surely add it. It is called "Brand Stacking".

ksb, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have to ask the question: "What is the title tag FOR?"

It is FOR use as the window title, tab title, UA guide, or search engine title for the link back to the current page. That's it, that's what it's FOR.

In the same way the description meta should be a short natural language paragraph describing what the page IS/contains.

Neither is a place to blindly stuff keywords for SEO hoodoo-voodoo, you pull those types of stunts say hello to a month or two of success followed by being pimp-slapped clear to page 10 or deeper once you are caught. See why scam artist SEO so easily dupe people into THINKING their garbage is worth using.

So for a home page on a site, the most natural text to go there would be the name of the site... On subpages on the site it is most useful to use the page title, followed by a hyphen (and NOT a vertical break -- I don't know who started that trend but they need a good swift kick in the groin), followed by the site title.

If your branding is the domain name, then sure go ahead and use it. If it's not the content of your H1 -- aka the heading that everything on every page of your site (assuming you aren't using HTML 5's mental midgetry SECTION/ARTICLE tags) is a subsection of, it is unlikely the domain name is the correct content.

Here on Digital Point they've crapped on that functionality by only showing the page title without the site name, making it harder to recognize in your tabs without the favicon.

<title>Use of website url in title tag</title>

IS useful in that you know what page is being shown, but it's useless as you have no indication what SITE is being shown.

<title>Use of website url in title tag - Digital Point Forums</title>

Would be a dozen times more useful. Choosing your title content should be about making the page more useful to users. You do that, SEO will take care of itself since, as Matt Cutts told us nearly a decade ago, "Write for the USER, not the search engine!"

... which is why every bit of sleazy trickery the SEO scam artists sleaze into websites that has nothing to do with making the page better for USERS will more often than not result in you getting slapped down faster... then people come to forum areas like this asking "why has my page dropped from 2nd in Google to Page 10"... Well you see...

Or how the SEO scam artists, barkers. and hucksters run around like chickens with their heads cut off every time Google makes an algo update, something that has never penalized any of my sites in over a decade since I bothered paying attention. When the guy in charge of the department at Google responsible for slapping down websites for abuse suggests you do something, you better damned well hurry up and do it!

Bottom line, just remember:

<title>Page title - Site Title</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Describe this page here">

Would/should list on your SERP listing as:

Page title - Site Title
    Describe this page here

With the part in bold being the link to your page. That's what those are FOR!!! Amazing how many people sloppping them out any-old-way don't seem to grasp something so simple.

deathshadow, Jan 21, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  12. suraj72

suraj72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't use whole url in title tag juse put your domain name it would look natural.

suraj72, Jan 22, 2017 IP