1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you take days off from blogging?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bxuser, Nov 15, 2016.

Hello,

I know at the beginning one should post a much as possible to make content but I'm wondering how many bloggers here take days off? and what days?

I'm thinking that I would like to blog from Monday - Friday taking Saturday and sundays off.

bxuser, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn to use the scheduler and set up some posts to cover days off. Evergreen content works good for this filler.
    This keeps your blog active as visitors tend to dislike lulls.

wordplucker, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  3. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For me, the goal is to create great content as good as possible. It takes more than three until five hours to write post in simple topic and could take more than three days to write content in specific niches.

In my opinion, too many posts but lower visitors are bad practice. I prefer low post but huge traffics. After writing high quality post, I see lots of traffics in most of my main sites. I have seen peoples writing more than thousands of posts but having low visitors. Maybe they have bad luck. : )
    I have no special day but I usually spend weekend with my family. However, I think I never stop writing. I always bring a small note with me and whenever something come up in my mind, I write it in that small note book (not a laptop (notebook), just a small book).

I have very long list of posts which need to be written. The list become much longer because I could only write few post per week while my note book filled with lots of idea each day.

I think I never stop working. :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Arick unirow, Nov 15, 2016 IP
    malky66 and bxuser like this.
  4. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is probably a good schedule to go with for blogging.

karen9999, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  5. bxuser

bxuser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that suggestion Arick, I'll keep that in mind and get myself a small little notebook to carry around with me for notes.

What I do is I write my draft then I wait til around 1:00 am to plublish them. I'll look into the scheduler more.

bxuser, Nov 16, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  6. SusanVelez

SusanVelez Peon

Best Answers:
    My blog is almost 3 months old. What I like to do is write a bunch of content on my blog in my editorial calendar. Right now I have enough to last for 7 weeks, so I have found myself relaxing a little more on the content creation.

As long as you have content queued and ready to post, there's no reason why you can't take time off. It's important to keep your blog filled with content to publish, especially if you're trying to grow traffic to it.

As for set days, I don't really have set days that I take off. I work pretty much everyday on my blog. I just don't write everyday anymore.

SusanVelez, Jan 2, 2017 IP
    bxuser likes this.
  7. bxuser

bxuser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you susan,

What I am doing now is writing and publishing what I think should go out that same day. I have about 3 - 4 blog post done already and if I find a coupon or something I would post that in the middle of a day. There has been days where I don't want to publish a blog post already done so I would create a smaller post giving a domain name out instead. I have something that's working right now for me but I really like your idea to write a bunch of content to make sure I have one for every day.

Since I am new to blogging I found myself in a situation twice where I am down to 2 blog post ready to post with nothing else to write about but then within a few hours I would find a ideas to write.

bxuser, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  8. SusanVelez

SusanVelez Peon

Best Answers:
    Your Welcome Bxuser,

Just to clarify though, I don't publish a post every single day. I am only publishing 2 posts per week. So right now I have 14 posts ready and queued up in my editorial calendar. This means that I have enough posts to post for 7 weeks (since I only publish 2 posts per week).

Hope that helps. You don't have to publish a new post every single day. However, if your blog is brand new and you want content to share on social media, I recommend posting more than one post per month.

Have a great one!

SusanVelez, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  9. paul jumbo

paul jumbo Member

Best Answers:
    The real work is not writing content but content promotion.

You need to write mini contents of your post and promote on social media and other places.

So writing articles and scheduling them does not make you Free

I think it has to do with discipline I am struggling with it if I can have a day rest in a day

paul jumbo, Jan 7, 2017 IP
  10. SusanVelez

SusanVelez Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Paul,

I agree that content promotion is a huge part of growing a blog. That's one of the reasons I like writing my content in advance. This allows me to take time off from writing content for my blog.

Then I can focus more on promoting my blog via Social Media and videos.

Content promotion takes up more time than writing content. I still take time off from my blog, plus I have to focus on my WordPress freelance business as well.

SusanVelez, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  11. Vices

Vices Peon

Best Answers:
    I never truly take time off, I'm always putting down an idea or something. But whenever I want to go 1 week somewhere and I can't write there, I write more in the weeks before and schedule the posts.

Vices, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  12. bxuser

bxuser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I was thinking about this thread and I got reminded about "Recap" I'm going to do recap Sunday's where I would post links about the blog post I made during the week. This will allow me to have one day off at least for now then later when I start accepting guest post I could have more days off.

bxuser, Jan 12, 2017 IP
  13. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Professional bloggers never stop writting !

Resumexpert, Jan 27, 2017 IP
    bxuser likes this.
  14. bxuser

bxuser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that answer Resumexpert,

I did not think of that before when I asked my question.

bxuser, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  15. EXTGURU

EXTGURU Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I read all replies above, sure work hard, no day offs, you must rich high maintains.

EXTGURU, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  16. khizer123

khizer123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    good question and good discussion that also help us.thanks

khizer123, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  17. khizer123

khizer123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sir tell me what points keep in point during posting on the blog??

khizer123, Jan 31, 2017 IP
  18. sowers

sowers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always update my blog, even when I'm traveling on vacation, after all the blog pays my vacation

sowers, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  19. Darlene Florrie

Darlene Florrie Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not want to lose your income you should not make pauses in posting. Most of bloggers I know use scheduled postings which is very helpful if you are going to vacation :)

Darlene Florrie, Jun 7, 2017 IP