1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking Sites/Link Building Through Them

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by JMasterJ, Dec 18, 2016.

Ok so in 2016-2017, I'm a little behind the times because I hadn't done serious SEO work in months, how pro/con is SB sites and link building through them?

FYI, I am looking for every 1% advantage if I can get it without any long term cons.

I saw a list of the "top" SB sites a while ago, not sure how much of these has changed in effectiveness:

Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn (don't really consider these SB but I will post there anyways, no brainer)
    Stumbleupon
    Delicious
    Digg
    Reddit
    Slashdot
    Newsvine
    Scoop.it

Feel free to rank them, or just tell me which NOT to do, add any new ones that are great, or just "all" will do as well, if correct.

Thanks!!!

JMasterJ, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  2. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit, Pinterest and Scoop.it links are ususally counted as backlinks in Web master tools. Therefore you should consider build backlinks on those sites too.

dumindushalika, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  3. JMasterJ

JMasterJ Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers!

JMasterJ, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  4. Envigo Digital

Envigo Digital Member

Best Answers:
    Do all of them. DO not worry about which links are good and which are bad when doing popular social sites. Stumble sends me more traffic than Bing in some of my projects. Same goes true for Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter. But just posting them does not matter, you need to have a strong profile and high activity on these social sites which can bring you more traffic or make the power of those backlinks stronger. Why I say that last sentence is - the more activity you do on a portal the stronger you profile / posts become (internal links) and irrespective of no-follow or dofollow link which you generate from them a profile with more activity definitely send a more powerful link than the one one will lesser activity.

Envigo Digital, Dec 21, 2016 IP