1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Software for Narrating Screenshots

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by jrbiz, Oct 18, 2016.

Hi,

I want to begin narrating powerpoint slides on my desktop. I also will want to edit various sections of the narration (move them around, etc.) I also would like to eventually add in clips of actual videos to complement the overall product. What would be the best software to use for this?

TIA!

JR

jrbiz, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  2. graphicguy

graphicguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google for Camtasia and Adobe Captivate ..these are cool for video creation..

graphicguy, Nov 15, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I had heard of Camtasia, but not the Adobe tool. Thanks for the tip. I am getting closer to being ready to begin the narration piece.

jrbiz, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  4. Brad Hamer

Brad Hamer Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Voting for Camtasia, a great tool for everything related to video editing and capturing.

Brad Hamer, Nov 20, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I have downloaded a freebie program called CamStudio which I may have used many years ago. I also downloaded another freebie for editing called VideoPad. Will let you know how it goes in the weeks ahead.

jrbiz, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  6. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use simple ppt to mp4 converter and save the burden of learning Adobe software that will consume time of yours.

degreubiwa, Dec 15, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I will check that out. Camstudio was too hard to get working correctly for me and I just tried another one, EzVid, which I got working but the size of the output files have me concerned. I have heard that you can narrate slides in PPT but did not realize that they could then be converted into standard video files. Of course, the video compression codec will be important as I am planning to have 2-4 hours of video time. Does Powerpoint do the conversion or will I need a separate utility? If separate, do you have any recommendations for optimized files sizes? Also, what size PPT screens would you suggest that I use?

jrbiz, Dec 15, 2016 IP
  8. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Powerpoint allows saving files in Windows Media Video format but don't Buy a PowerPoint or Microsoft Office software. You don't want these big companies in the world to expand any further as they will be pressing for acquisition of various Startups flourishing around the world.
    Also there are Open Source alternatives like OpenOffice.org

degreubiwa, Dec 16, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have experience with using PPT files as videos (basically static slides with narration? My concern is the size of the output video files versus other compression codecs and also what size display I should use?

jrbiz, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  10. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what Captivate is for? I could never get past the UI when I was testing that program. It looked, abnormal and I couldn't wrap my mind around how to use it.

Forsh, Dec 23, 2016 IP