1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Press releases

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by geeklingo, Dec 10, 2016.

What do people do with press releases? Is it accepted to post as is or should they be rewritten?

geeklingo, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Are you asking about posting a PR on DP? There is no section on DP for press releases. You also are asked not to write spam about your business or website, or anything like that. Be sure to read the rules that you can access from the banner at the top of your screen on this page.

jrbiz, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you go by what New Zealand's leading newspaper does it's just fine and dandy to publish "as is". Personally I'd have thought they were a trigger for further investigation and analysis and bullshit cleansing but hey, I'm just the customer.

If your goal is SEO then distributing slightly different versions of your press release is sensible but unless you are confident they'll be published that may not be worth the effort.

sarahk, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  4. geeklingo

geeklingo Member

Best Answers:
    No, I am talking about being sent a PR to post on your own site.

Yeah, thus far I've been rewriting the press releases with a follow up post reviewing the product.

geeklingo, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, now I understand. I prefer to see a headline/subheadline and brief summary with a link to the full PR in its original format.

jrbiz, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Press Release is a process of launching an occasional new product or item from the company.

KylieSweet, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  7. QuangBrand

QuangBrand Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can say ok?

QuangBrand, Dec 15, 2016 IP
  8. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you republish it without editing it then you should just ensure you give it proper citation. Google wont penalize you for this as long as you can drive traffic to it from a source other than google. So if you republish the content and then give it correct attribution to the author then drive traffic to it from say facebook or twitter, then google can see all this in analytics and can easily map this pattern. They collect data from analytics to improve search results, so the fact that you did everything by the book and got your own traffic to the syndicated content will give you some bonus points with google.

sweetlouise, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  9. JulietBee45

JulietBee45 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote the great amount of different press releases in order to promote my site. And I post them on the free PR websites. Is it Ok for my backlink strategy?

JulietBee45, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  10. WebScavenger

WebScavenger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Press releases is syndicated content, so the press release is the exact same version published on different news channels. This is naturally for press releases. It's just about getting a mass amount of exposure for a news item in a fast way.

WebScavenger, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  11. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many free press release sites. Be careful abou the rules and ready for work !

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP