1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you report on every page served by day/hour/minute?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by mat fidge, Apr 10, 2016.

It seemed an easy request.

To get a custom report of URLs served by date and time (hour and minute).

Why? So you can see exactly when pages were served.

(The long story relates to problems with tracking goals and needing to find out which URLs weren't being tracked by comparing conversions recorded elserwhere with URLs served at this time as recorded by GA).

The problem:

Page Date Hour Minute are all Dimensions.

To get a Custom Report you need a Metric.

By adding a metric you get a max total of only half the total page impressions on that day as recorded by GA when it lumps them together.

The best metric I've found is sessions but this is still not what I want.

So: Does anyone know how to hack GA via Custom Repports to get a report of when each URL was served?

You will have my undying respect and save me pulling my hair out!

Cheers

Mat

mat fidge, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  2. K473Y

K473Y Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, did you ever resolve this? I'm trying to do the same thing and can't see a way of working it out...

K473Y, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  3. mat fidge

mat fidge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No it was never resolved - good luck post you solution here if you find one!

mat fidge, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  4. K473Y

K473Y Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting close to what I need, but no cigar...

I've set up a custom report using page views as the metric, added a filter so it pulls through just the relevant URLs, and then added page, hour and minute as the dimensions. The trouble is, I can only view two out of the three dimensions in my report, so I can only see hour and minute, but not the exact URL, or exact URL and hour or minute. I need to be able to report on all three for the report to be of any use. I think I've got stuck at the same stage you did.

K473Y, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  5. K473Y

K473Y Peon

Best Answers:
    Me again - I've found something that worked for me.

Using the same metrics and dimensions as I mentioned above, I was struggling to see all dimensions at the same time. I edited the custom report and started clicking around and right under where you enter the title for your individual tabs there is an option called 'types' with three buttons:

- Explorer
    - Flat Table
    - Overlay

Explorer is the default view and shows the line chart. I'm not sure why, but the table underneath then doesn't show all the dimensions. I changed it type to Flat Table, saved and then all dimensions are pulled through - yay!

Not sure if that solves your issue, but hopefully it will be of some help to you.

K473Y, Dec 9, 2016 IP