1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any other cheaper wholesale website other than Alibaba.com and Aliexpress?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kareemtaiwo12, May 30, 2016.

Is there any other cheaper wholesale website other than Alibaba.com and Aliexpress? I know Alibaba.com, but the price is usually not real price, the real price is higher than the listed. Any one having good suggestion?

Kareemtaiwo12, May 30, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I imagine there will be sites that will be cheaper for specific types of product. You might have to do some of the leg work yourself.

What type of thing are you looking for?

sarahk, May 30, 2016 IP
  3. Newchic

Newchic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What kind of products are you looking for?

Newchic, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  4. James Raw

James Raw Peon

Best Answers:
    Some items are cheaper than at Taobao.com

James Raw, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  5. siteslikecraigslist

siteslikecraigslist Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on the products.
    I would not say Alibaba offers wholesale cheap stuff.
    China-made products offer competitively priced products and not necessarily quality ones.
    After decades in sales field, I realized quality has its price.

siteslikecraigslist, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  6. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    It's important to understand how importing works and this includes knowing how to find reliable suppliers who will give best prices.

"Wholesale" is a greatly misunderstood and misused word. You can go to retail outlets that advertise "wholesale" prices, but they are retailers who are making a profit after themselves buying at wholesale prices. Most B2B sites like Alibaba and Aliexpress offer what people think are wholesale prices, but it is possible to buy at much lower prices if you know where to look.

Even sellers on Taobao are selling retail, not wholesale, although the prices offered there may seem very low. NOTE: Taobao is a Chinese language site similar to eBay, and is impossible for non-Chinese speakers to use successfully. Beware of Taobao agents offering to source products there for you. You will finish up paying more than you need to.

You can get excellent prices from suppliers on sites such as Alibaba if you know how to locate genuine manufacturers. The problem is that the great majority of suppliers there claim to be manufacturers but they are traders. Just scroll back up to my post on October 22 to see some helpful advice on this subject. For even more help, I suggest you read right through my thread:
    Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing
    If you need more help, post your questions there. Don't worry about the huge Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ) that suppliers show on their sales pages. I have taught hundreds of newbies how to ignore the big MOQs stated on the B2B sites, and get real manufacturers to supply much smaller orders at real ex-factory prices.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  7. martinrei

martinrei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Walter is right. Any "agent" can present himself as the manufacturer. Anyone can purchase the "gold supplier" status.

martinrei, Nov 28, 2016 IP
    Importexport likes this.
  8. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Martin. It is important for people to understand that as you say, Gold Supplier status can be bought by anyone. It is not proof that they are reliable or trustworthy.

There is no checking required, except to prove that they exist as a business. Their premises are inspected, simply to show that they are actually there. One problem with that is that they can hire an office for a day or a week, so that the visitor from Alibaba does find them there, but they might not be there the next day.

That's how scammers can operate, even with Gold Supplier badges.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  9. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my country shop clues is the right option for the wholesale business.It also depends on the product also .Sometimes amazon as offers products at wholesale price

wanessmark, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  10. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Shopclues is an Indian site similar to eBay. Consumers can buy there at the "discounted" prices advertised, so how can you compete with the suppliers who are selling to the same people you want to sell to?

Are they selling at wholesale prices or just discounted retail? You will rarely be dealing with the actual manufacturer there, with most of the products being made in China, so you can't buy at best prices. See my post Number 6 above.

Sites like Shopclues and eBay are not the place to buy if you want to operate a profitable business.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Dec 4, 2016 IP