1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What I have learned from doing SEO the past 5 years

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FarrisFahad, Dec 1, 2016.

I am going to tell you my story with SEO so you can learn from my mistakes.

I have been doing SEO for over 5 years now and I have discovered a lot. First, you should know that SEO is not an over night success. You cannot be no where near the first page and suddenly be there. It's a process that takes time. The more you do it, and the more content you build, the more traffic you will have.

Lesson 1: SEO takes time, and the more you work the more traffic you will have.

I have been working on my website for the past 2 years, and I still get less than 150 visitors a month from SE. But it doesn't have to be this way, I have done a lot of mistakes and this is why I get less visitors.

The first mistake I did was to over optimize my website (The homepage). I was aiming for a keyword, and I told my SEO agency to optimize for that keyword and they built a lot of links that targeted this keyword, meaning a lot of links that seemed unnatural.

Lesson 2: Don't over optimize your website. Build "Natural" links.

How does natural links look like?
    Well, natural links have a mixed anchor text with less than %5 that is keyword targeted.
    If you did not understand this, Google how to build natural links.

Remember that you can have a well optimized poorly designed website that ranks high on Google and a poorly optimized website that is well built and no where to be found. So SEO is an important part of a website marketing. And to conquer the search engine you have to have the three pillars ...

1. Great content.
    2. Beautiful design and a good user experience.
    3. Optimized for SE.

Lesson 3: You can have a great website but no visitors or okay website with a lot of visitors. SEO determine if your website succeeds or not, not your design.

After working for more than a year on SEO I didn't get the results I wanted. I was reading about other people who gained more than 100 visitor a day, and I couldn't get 100 a month. Why you may ask? Well I focused a lot on the home page and forgot about the rest of the website, which was a BIG mistake.

What you should do is build the website, then build the content, then you should check Google Webmaster Tools to see what keywords and pages are you ranking for. And THEN optimize these pages. It is the BEST way.

Lesson 4: Take advantage of Google Webmaster Tools to figure out what should you work on, what pages and what keywords.

The best way to build backlinks when you start a website is to let the first month for your homepage, meaning only build links for the home page. Then build links for inner pages.

And with this strategy you should see a gradual increase in your website traffic.

Hope someone found this helpful,
    Farris

FarrisFahad, Dec 1, 2016 IP
  2. Karolwf

Karolwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say it: this is bullshit what you wrote.

After 2 years you have 100 visitors a month from SE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!

Stop doing this worthless and idiotic SEO things.

Work on your website. Don't waste your time on SEO crap.

Any website without "SEO" crap has 100 visitors a month.

Probably your site content is poor.

Karolwf, Dec 1, 2016 IP
    Naina S and Spoiltdiva like this.
  3. DzCoder

DzCoder Active Member

Best Answers:
    a good topic, thank you for sharing dude.
    Ill try to use ur advice and apply them in my website, me too I ask myself why SEO doesn't work etc .. now I confirm that It take time, isn't night work for success

thank you again

DzCoder, Dec 1, 2016 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The definition of insanity is to keep on doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 1, 2016 IP
  5. Elei Musa

Elei Musa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you have achieved this in two years ?

Elei Musa, Dec 1, 2016 IP
  6. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know that it took a lot of time but I made a lot of mistakes. To me these two years don't count because I had to change the website more than once, while learning from my mistakes

FarrisFahad, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  7. Digvijay Singh

Digvijay Singh Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to do proper SEO then first main thing is the patience. You should have a lot of patience to work on website.

Digvijay Singh, Jan 15, 2017 IP