1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dear Cheap Clients - This Is How Your Content Is Handled

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by coreygeer, May 15, 2016.

1. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What are these companies I wonder?

Gagsburg, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    These are companies that are willing to pay big bucks for superb grammar, punctuation and spelling. I wouldn't bother to try and contact them if I were you.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  3. marketingwiz

marketingwiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well said. Its really sad to see so much low quality content out there. When I am consuming content, if I see its low quality, I move on because the author has immediately lost credibility (first impressions are everything). I buy PLR from time to time just so I don't have to start from scratch. What I've found is its less expensive to just buy high quality PLR to begin with even if it needs a few edits rather than paying someone to completely rewrite low quality PLR. You get what you pay for.

marketingwiz, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  4. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When I get paid big bucks for a project, you can bet your ass that I'm working my fingers to the bone.

More money = better content. It's just that simple!

TREYC, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  5. banacek

banacek Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that there's so much content available and the majority of it is sub standard, most people now scan the articles. I think this is what people want. Site owners update articles on their sites to appease google. So, therefore, it makes sense to buy cheap and throw it away after a few weeks and get some new cheap articles written.

banacek, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I hesitate to jump in here because I am not looking for new content writers, but I think that some will appreciate my perspective. My "day job" is as a head of sales/marketing for a medium-sized high tech company. I have on staff a marketing person who writes well and I have her do many of our articles, brochures, etc. However, I do hire outside copywriters for special projects. Of course, they must be experienced in my niche and capable of writing articles on very technical subjects. I am a former English tutor in college, so I am also very fussy about grammar, syntax, etc. I am right now looking at a quote from an elite writer at a publishing firm who wants $3,400 for a white paper in the 1,500 - 2,000 word range. I find that to be perfectly acceptable, whether or not I take him up on this project.

jrbiz, Nov 29, 2016 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  7. chachashi

chachashi Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a good idea to give someone rewritten content just because their budget is low. If you are not okay with the pay, just don't take the job.

chachashi, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  8. geeklingo

geeklingo Member

Best Answers:
    Great topic, I must admit I have fallen into this trap as well and am now thinking about how to improve quality rather than quantity. What tools do you recommend using (aside from google search) to test bought articles whether they were cheap or adequate?

geeklingo, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  9. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I personally spend more than $200 per one article.

Why?

Because I care about quality content and 99% of the writing services that offer very low prices (like $1/100 words) always delivery shitty content.

Sure, if you just need the content for search engine robots to read.

So my point is people who buy and sell cheap writing services just don't care about quality and writers shouldn't work with such buyers, to begin with.

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  10. geeklingo

geeklingo Member

Best Answers:
    The other issue with cheap writers are that they pretend to be based in English speaking countries. I've tried one out from here who claims to be US based but the quality was definitely from a non-English background.

geeklingo, Dec 19, 2016 IP
  11. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    True. And the Warriorforum differentiates between copywriters and content writers whereas here they seem to be thrown together into one "category." Copywriters write sales letters email series etc., i.e., writing that helps make a sale directly, and doing so is a skill that can make their clients money directly. And that's why clients are willing to pay well for it. Well, many clients anyway.

Article writing or content writing is something any good writer can do, and all too many are willing to do for pennies, and that's why people pay less for it.

But as this thread shows, there are those clients who value great articles and pay more for them, and then there are those who try to pay as little as possible.

SEOwriterplus, Dec 31, 2016 IP