1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Concern that Russia will disrupt the presidential election

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Nov 6, 2016.

NBC News is claiming that "U.S. officials continue to express concern that Russia will disrupt the presidential election." 4th paragraph down says US intelligence officials suggest they may release fake documents or spread misinformation.

Assuming that's even true, what would you think Russia would want Americans to believe anyway? What kind of fake documents and misinformation would this be? Any opinions on this?

Rebecca, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They're probably just getting their kicks from watching democracy crumble.

sarahk, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  3. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I presume Russia would be backing the fascist Trump, to have America crumble from within.

Bushranger, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Russia has been protecting Snowden from Obama - how long has it been, 2 years now? If someone did something like that in Russia, I think the government would execute them. I don't think we would, but probably lock him up for life for whistleblowing against the government in that way. But there they are protecting him, it's probably just that Obama & Putin can't stand each other - so they probably do get some amusement in throwing rocks at us. I think Trump & Putin have very similar personalities - for that reason they wouldn't get along for very long. They are both egomaniacs and can never be wrong, so they would be bound to clash in a big way, eventually. But what I don't get is the Trump haters that think Hillary is a step up. Just No. They both suck big time. But with Trump, I was playing with the idea of What If? Thinking, maybe just maybe I could possibly vote for him? I mean, hey, at least he's not Hillary. But then I saw that whole deal in the news about him arguing with the mother & father that had lost their son in Iraq. You just don't do that, ever. It's not even just that it was wrong to engage in, but it just made it crystal clear for me what astonishingly bad judgement he has. Of course, he's said a lot of crazy things but for whatever reason, that just stuck with me and I knew he wouldn't get my vote. However, Hillary is a weasel. She'll just lie and lie and probably spend the next 4 years enriching her and her friends at our expense. It's a dark day. No matter who wins, we're screwed, at least for 4 years anyway. Bushranger, I think we've been crumbling for a while.

Originally, I just wanted to do the early ballot because I knew they had this measure in it about legalizing marijuana. I wanted to vote Yes on that. But then at the last minute I decided to vote for president too. I voted for Gary Johnson. There is no way in hell he will win but at least I don't feel all dirty voting for him. But anyway, I don't feel like anyone directly answered my question, If: "US intelligence officials suggest they may release fake documents or spread misinformation" Then, what kind of fake documents or information would that possibly be? Maybe just anything random for their amusement?

Rebecca, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    From what I read they're worried about Russian cyber-attacks on the compters used in the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c27fa0-7156-11e6-8533-6b0b0ded0253_story.html

Bushranger, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  6. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    First I have heard of him. From a little research he seems to be a good choice.

Bushranger, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    He ran for the Libertarian party, which I tend to always like more than the Republican or Democrat candidates.

I stayed up late last night watching the election, it was amazing. What I understand is Clinton had spent billions of dollars in her campaign. She also had Obama going around campaigning for her, warning everyone not to vote for Trump. Trump only spent a few million. He also said a bunch of things that pissed people off. And yet, he pretty much killed her. If you look at the map of the US, it's a sea of red in support of Trump. He also didn't use all the experienced professionals that most candidates would use in a campaign. I think it's just a testament to how sick Americans are of the status quo and Washington business as usual - Trump is not a career politician. He will bring in new ideas. And though he's not known for being politically correct, obviously, certain ideas he has resonates with the people. So even though he wasn't my first choice, I do like him more than Hillary at this point. So, we'll see what happens now. :)

Oh and P.S. The media was all very against him as well. There were some things they reported he said, but you go back and research what was said in context, and it wasn't quite like that. (Even though some of it was true). But it was obvious, the media was extremely biased. So, again, it's amazing he won. A lot of people into politics will be studying his campaign methods closely as he seemed to do the impossible.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Rebecca, Nov 9, 2016 IP