1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible terrorist threat for Monday

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Nov 4, 2016.

I was reading in the news today that there may be an attempted terrorist attack Monday.
    For example: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sources-us-intel-warning-of-possible-al-qaeda-attacks-in-us-monday/
    They said the States most likely for it to happen in are New York, Virginia, & Texas. That is the day before elections. They said “polling places” would make “attractive targets.”

If they received some intelligence that suggests that, I completely support announcing it. But there's a part of me that just finds it odd since I don't recall them announcing these types of warnings in the past.

What do you think of what they said about Monday? I hope nothing bad happens.

Rebecca, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  2. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd ask who benefits from the announcement? Is the announcement itself likely to be what inspires somebody to take up the 'dare'?
    Living life in fear of terrorist attacks gives the terrorists the win. They want you living in fear, as do many others. If you worried about what 'could' happen then you might as well end it all now.

Bushranger, Nov 5, 2016 IP
    Rebecca and jrbiz like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are soft targets EVERYWHERE in a free society like the U.S. On any given Monday, you can find as many people at a shopping mall as you will at a polling place, and probably more, in fact. Whenever there is a big event coming, warnings seem to come out about it (think Super Bowl, e.g.) Beyond @Bushranger 's point, the odds of your specific polling place to be targeted are so low as unlikely measurable.

In terms of who is making the claim and whether it is a partisan effort to depress the vote, the three states you mention would argue against that:

NY - blue
    TX - red
    VA - purple

So, from that perspective, the warning was bipartisan. :)

jrbiz, Nov 5, 2016 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't know about terrorists but I'd expect the nutters to be out in force and in the US that is a good reason to be very, very worried.

sarahk, Nov 5, 2016 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What do you mean by "nutters?" Are you referring to Trump & Hillary?

I don't think you should live in fear but always consider possible risks.

I thought of that too. In my opinion, VA & TX especially may be more undecided. But you're right. If anything, it would scare away Republicans and Democrats alike.

I already voted by early mail-in ballot.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Rebecca, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  6. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that was a ruse by the media... just to make people worry or not vote.

Blue Star Ent., Nov 12, 2016 IP
  7. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Republicans.

Right, they want brainless Americans to be so afraid they wouldn't mind to elect
    orangutan to protect their totally useless lives from something is not even there.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  8. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Political propaganda. They want more deposits in their banks and stop the US currency from going out of country. They want to benefit big companies passing loan for them. I bet small startups will not get much of penny in terms of funding from banks.
    Trump is planning sending notices to lacs of illegal immigrants in USA and they are developing software platforms to track them down with their cell phone location, areas where the bank cards are used, detective agents to track down other illegal immigrants from friends circles.
    The cities will be choked just like China with pollution levels rising.

degreubiwa, Jan 25, 2017 IP