1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexed vs submitted ratio

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by AmanDH, Oct 19, 2016.

Hi,
    For me I have a website which is pretty old and I was wondering why the submitted vs index ratio is so low.
    I have never invest in SEO and never thought so.
    Do you know the reason ?
    [​IMG]

AmanDH, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  2. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one ?

AmanDH, Oct 22, 2016 IP
  3. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The answer are quite simple:
    1. Not all links are worth indexing.
      It basically means: submitted links have insufficient content or have not enough value.
    2. There are similar or almost identical content.
      It happen quite often. If you write about similar topic multiple times and the content are almost identical, it will not going to be indexed. There is no point to index already indexed content (links).
    3. Submitted links are filled with spam content.
      Any pages which are filled with spam content (including spam links) would likely not going to be indexed.
    4. Configuration error
      Server and CMS error would also cause search engine to drop the page from getting indexed. Various errors such as: Redirect Loop Hole (infinite redirect), Wrong HTTP Response Header, Server close connection prematurely (connection terminated before the request has been served), Wrong Response, etc.
    5. The links have 'questioned material'.
      Be very careful with any material presented in the page. Graphic, Advertisement and Java script should be clean and served correctly.
    6. The request to get the pages (links) are taking too long (or sometimes not responding).
    There are others reason too but most of them are site specific. If you would like to get the answers, check 'HTML Improvements' in your Search Console (formerly Google Webmastertools). You would find your first answer in that section.

I wonder why there are so many links to be submitted. It is effective to send less but valuable links rather than sending huge amounts of unindexed links. In my opinion, sending to many links but not all of them get indexed simply means the site needs the quality to be improved.
    If it is me, I would worry if my submitted links are not getting indexed by search engine. Especially if there are huge links not getting indexed. Even if the links getting indexed, I would keep optimize it because getting indexed doesn't mean all the links would be visible in Search Engine. Remember, each link within a site would compete each other to appear in Search Result if there are cover the same content (in the same topic). So, Huge links not getting indexed surely is a sign of unhealthy website.

Arick unirow, Oct 22, 2016 IP
    AmanDH likes this.
  4. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response, very helpful :)

AmanDH, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  5. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad my answer could help you. I hope other members who have similar situation could jump into this thread and share their experience.

Arick unirow, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see one VERY important reason WHY your links are NOT getting indexed AND NEVER WILL GET INDEXED!

You have ONE sitemap with 116,186 URLs for indexing. MAXIMUM allowable sitemap size is 50,000 links. Your sitemap is over double that.

If you want all of your pages indexed, you MUST submit AT LEAST THREE (3) different sitemaps in order to get all 116,186 URLs indexed.

mmerlinn, Jan 7, 2017 IP