1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With Ulploading Website Flies

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by kkryptonic, Oct 18, 2016.

Hi I nee help uploading my website files with cpanel. I uploaded them but all I got was a white screen..Did I upload to the wrong directory. I'm at a loss.. Here is the link to the site

kkryptonic, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  2. kkryptonic

kkryptonic Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry about that..Here is the link

kkryptonic, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can't post links, mate. Read the rules and help-section, please. If you want to post a link, enclose it in [ code ] tags or similar (remove the spaces).

That being said, what are you trying to upload? Have you copied it to the correct folder? (public_html, www, htdocs, or similar)?

PoPSiCLe, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  4. templatelinksale

templatelinksale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please send me your link and FTP server logins in Private Message, so that i can help you to upload on correct path.

templatelinksale, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You should upload the files using a FTP program like FileZilla.

dcristo, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  6. webhostpython

webhostpython Member

Best Answers:
    Your web host most likely has a limit to the size of files or the amount of files uploaded. You should make it a practice to not use the file manager in the future. Those file managers are much slower and aren't really designed to handle many uploaded files at a time. Too many factors kick in that will most likely disrupt those uploads.

Try to use FileZilla or CuteFTP. Any FTP program will do, and will be much faster for you. This will also help you in the future if you move to a system that doesn't have a file manager and need to get files uploaded since FTP programs are just that: FTP programs, and they work regardless of your control panel. Hope this helps

webhostpython, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  7. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do not forget to change your login particulars immediately after allowing a foreign entity access to your site.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  8. Mikesiw

Mikesiw Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that an FTP client may be the way to go in this instance. I am a fan of WebDrive, though the others suggested here are fine too. I just steer clear of products like Filezilla even though the $0 price tag is enticing. It just makes me wonder if it's totally secure.

Mikesiw, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  9. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So, I went to the WebDrive web site. Since the app is proprietary, closed source, and there is no support wiki or bug tracker (I didn't try really hard to find - nor should I have to), I couldn't get a sense of its quality or safety. At $40 a pop plus pay for support, I'm not interested.

I also visited the Filezilla site. Fz is free, open source (the source code is available to anyone to inspect or compile), and there are bug tracker, wiki and forum support for users. Being open source does not guarantee security, but being a mature FTP client does imply a lot of people have looked for issues for a long time. Security issues are generally less a problem with mature open source projects than with closed source for that reason.

Being as you joined the forum today and this is your one and only post, I have to wonder if there isn't a conflict of interests. In other words, are you pimping WebDrive?

gary

kk5st, Oct 26, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. VanceVP

VanceVP Member

Best Answers:
    Unless your server is unsecured and/or you give out your security information I don't think security would be a problem with Filezilla or any other decent FTP client. I have been using Filezilla for more than a year and prior to that it was cuteFTP for years with no problems or worries.

Just saying . . .

VanceVP, Oct 26, 2016 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do not do this - ever!
    The OP risks all manner of problems
    @templatelinksale risks being accused of creating problems

This section of the forum is for discussion and not employing people. If you can't get the info you need to get this sorted (and I'd start by ringing your hosting company) then go to the Buy/Sell/Trade section and hire someone after you've vetted them properly.

I've helped people in the very, very distant past but would never do it these days. Too many scammers on both sides of the table.

sarahk, Oct 26, 2016 IP
    th.sigit likes this.