1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Targeleon Review (My experience while using Targeleon)

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Arick unirow, Oct 3, 2016.

As far as i know I never write detailed review about Ads network in this forum. I write this review to let other know about my experience while using one or more ad network listed in this forum. I was thinking it is good idea to write detailed review about any ads network which have representative in this forum.
    Background of the Review
    I have worked with many Established and Well known Companies / Ads Network in Different Category. The best category for me while writing this review are:
    1. PPL/PPS (Pay Per lead / Pay Per Sale). Viglink, Skimlink and Amazon have become main sources of income for years. CPS has the greatest and stable monetization source for my main sites. Not all sites are suitable for this type of advertising. From couples of top sites (my main sites), only three sites perform great with this type of advertising.
    2. PPC (Pay per Click). Adsense and other Ads network provide additional income very month. All main sites perform well with PPC network. However, PPS simply outperform PPC and that is why I only use PPS ads in some sites.
    3. PPA/CPA (Pay per Action). Since second quarter of last year, I have tried popular ads Network such as CPA Lead, Adscend Media, AWM, etc.
    4. PPM/CPM. This type of advertising is still in the lowest priority in my list.
    My Experience while using Targeleon
    It has been two months since I used Targeleon and today I would like to write simple and short review about them. This review is based on my own opinion and other may have different experience.

About Targeleon
    Targeleon is CPA Ads Network which offer Weekly payment. It is not yet as popular as other CPA Ads Network but I found it to be great option for any webmaster in DigitalPoint.

Publisher Dashboard / GUI (Graphic user Interface)
    Snap-2016-10-03-at-18.49.30.jpg
    Targeleon has simple and straightforward GUI. All menu are located in the left sidebar (text and icon). There is a button to minimize the sidebar (only show icon) in upper left screen. There are ten menus when I write this review. They are: Dashboard, Smart tools, Offers, Statistics, Conversions log, Payments, Referral program, Profile, Support, and Report a bug.
    1. Dashboard contains snapshots of Earning (for today), eCPM (for today), Balance (Current Weekly Period), Paid to Date (contain All Time and Pending Payment) and a Chart with Statistic for last 14 days activities.
    2. Smart Tools has a button to create New Campaign. Publisher could generate ads code in this page.
    3. Offers is filled with various offers from advertiser.
    4. Statistics is the best place to get information about website performance. In this page there is table which contain seven categories: Date, Impression, Conversion, Ratio, eCPM, Earning, and Options. Publisher could display statistic based on days or campaign.
    5. Conversion Log is recently added in the publisher Dashboard. Publisher could get information about any conversion based on date or countries.
    6. Payments has a records of any scheduled and finished payments. There is Payment Setting in this page which could be used to setup Payment.
    7. Referral program. This page is used to generate affiliate URL.
    8. Profile. This page could be used to add or modify Personal Information. In right sidebar, there is a menu to change Password.
    9. Support. This page is useful if publisher need support from the staff. There is a note in right sidebar which says "Excellent customer service and timely communication with our partners is the foundation of our business". Well, I like that note.
    10. Report a Bug. Use this page to report any bug or suggestion to staff.
    Ads Selection
    Targeleon has various ads type from Direct URL, Pop Under/Pop Up, Banners, and Video Monetization.
    I prefer to use Banner and that is what I use in my sites. I choose Rectangle type (728x90) for header and standard size (300x250) in article.

Statistic
    statistic.jpg
    Statistic is updated in real-time (every minute). I visit this page frequently because this page has nice option to see statistic based on Campaigns, Countries, Platforms, and Sub-ID.

Payment
    Snap-2016-10-03-at-19.11.43.jpg
    As I have said previously, Targeleon offers Weekly payment (4 or 5 times a month). The company send payment every Friday. PayPal, Wire Transfer, WebMoney, and EPESE.

My Review about Targeleon
    I have used many Ads Network in different categories but Targeleon is the first network to offer weekly payment (other network offer bi-weekly and weekly payment after three or four months I worked with them). It also has no minimum balance to be paid. Last, the company never paid me late.
    To sum up:
    1. It offers weekly payment from the start.
    2. Has no minimum balance to get payment.
    3. Always pay in timely manner.
    4. Has simple interface.
    5. Detailed Statistic and Conversion.
    I never send ticket so I have no idea how their support works.
    They do have few things need to be improved:
    1. Advertiser Panel is no longer accessible via Publisher Dashboard. I remember seeing Advertiser Dashboard menu available via dropdown under Targeleon Logo (Upper Left Corner). It is no longer available when I write this review.
    2. As far as I know, there is no API to pull the statistic data. Watching statistic from multiple websites could be painful. I prefer single site to maintain all ads network (using API call).
    Summary
    Targeleon may not yet the best CPA Ads Network for this year but it has good platform and monetization solution for publisher. Some niche could perform great with Targeleon ads. Targeleon currently has official thread in this forum. It is available here : Targeleon Official Thread.

Disclaimer:
    1. I write this review based on my experience. Other may have different experience.
    2. This review is not to encourage other to use any ads network listed in my review. I write this just to let other know my experience with one or more ads network.
    3. I use CPA Ads Networks in different sites and different niche so I couldn't compare which one is the best.
    4. I only use CPA in non-main sites. At this moment I still use CPS and CPC for my main sites.
    ARICK

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Arick unirow, Oct 3, 2016 IP
    bagongjigong likes this.
  2. rezatak6

rezatak6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you ARICK

rezatak6, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  3. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. @rezatak6 : Have you tried Targeleon?

Arick unirow, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  4. blackstar88

blackstar88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi
    popunder or banner?

blackstar88, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  5. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    If you were asking whether Banner or PopUnder is available in Targeleon, Both of them were available. However, I only use Banner in my site.
    Below is a screenshot of the Smart Tools (available in Publisher Dashboard). Publisher could generate various types of Ads in this page.
    Snap 2016-10-07 at 09.37.11.png

Arick unirow, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  6. Iyan Ricardo

Iyan Ricardo Member

Best Answers:
    I use popunder , BAD CPM for asia

Attached Files:

Iyan Ricardo, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  7. blackstar88

blackstar88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    still zero use banner.. tired :(

blackstar88, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  8. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    $0.18 - $0.2 CPM for Asian traffic is not too bad. Your earning will increase when you get conversion. It is not too easy to get conversion. Some niche such as Download, Job Vacancy, and Education (teaching material) may not that hard to get more and better conversion.

My niche is Education and most traffic coming from US, UK, FR, AU and small portion from Asia.
    There are other types of Ads you may wish to try but I have no idea whether it will increase your earning or not. I only prefer banner as it is less intrusive and convert better. I only use two ads in Header and in Article.

@Iyan Ricardo and @blackstar88 : I think it would be great if you could share the niche of your site. By doing so, other may get information which niche perform better or bad with Targeleon. If you could share your site URL, it would be even better. I may able to give you one or two optimization tips. You could share it privately (by PM) if you didn't wish to share it in this thread.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Arick unirow, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  9. Targeleon

Targeleon Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Arick, thank you for the great review and kind words. I'm glad our team's hard work has been appreciated. We are doing our best to keep our valued affiliates happy and will keep improving in all directions.

Advertiser Panel indeed has been moved into separate Dashboard to avoid confusions. It helps us to concentrate on either Affiliate or Advertiser more precisely and provide better quality service.

API tool is about to come out, and will be added to the Publisher Dashboard. There will be a separate announcement for that in our official thread.

Targeleon, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  10. toni septi

toni septi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    excuse me sir and madam,i want to ask about how i get my own conversions on targeleon so i can get my earnings

this is my targeleon statistics

[​IMG]

toni septi, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  11. rezatak6

rezatak6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that Scam!

Untitled.png

rezatak6, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  12. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    I am glad to hear Targeleon would enable API Access to their publisher. About Advertiser Dashboard, I am agree with the idea. While I think it is good idea to have advertiser Dashboard accessible via Publisher Dashboard, I know it is more important to focus on either Advertiser or publisher (and provide excellent service for both of them).

It is nice to meet an official staff from well known Company in this forum. Targeleon has simple but very nice and responsive dashboard. I like it. I do appreciate new recently added feature (Conversion log). It could be great tools for every publisher/webmaster.

Did you refer the question to me?
    Hmm.. it seems you didn't have any conversion at all. I would explain few things which may able to help you get conversion. The explanation is available in bottom of this post.
    @rezatak6 : You have moderate traffic with no conversion as well. There is simple story which may able to help you. I remember having same situation just like you in the past. Have enough traffic but get less or nothing in revenue.
    ========================================================================

For both @rezatak6 and @toni septi :
    I know how it feels for not getting conversion when we have tried Ads Company/Ads Network for few days/weeks. It is so disappointed that we deliver traffic but get nothing in return. There are few things which you can do to get conversion:
    1. Try to use different ads type/format.
    2. Try to place ads in different position. I prefer to display ads in visible area. My favorite area are Header, Below Header, In content (upper left, middle, bottom and random location in article), left/right widget
    In my opinion, it is not wise to call ads company/network as scam, just try other CPA Company/Network. You may get zero earning as well because they only pay for conversion and not click or impression. But it definitely not the sign if they are scam network/company. They only pay on conversion.

High amount of traffic but zero revenue
    If your site didn't give conversion, there will be no revenue at all. I have described previously in this thread if some niche perform very good in CPA method while the other niche is not suitable for CPA Ads. If your site is in a niche which may perform very poor in CPA ads, consider trying other advertising methods. Even if you deliver thousands or million of traffics, you would get nothing if there is no conversion at all. CPA Companies only get paid if Advertiser pay them and Advertiser only pay for conversion and not for impression or click. If your site is not suitable for CPA, try CPC or CPM network.

Optimization Tips
    I would share few methods to get conversion. This methods works great for me but I don't know if it would work for others.
    Simple Optimization
    I just believe it may able to help majority of peoples who decide to jump into CPA Ads.
    1. Create new Website.
      Choose a niche which may perform better in CPA. There is no point to force using CPA ads in our site if it perform very bad. Some niche works great while the others are very poor.
    2. Choose simple but nice theme/template. It should be responsive and lightweight.
    3. Focus on writing high quality content.
    If you decide to keep using your old sites and wish to get conversion, try few simple site optimization below:
    1. Use lightweight theme.
      avoid using complicated theme. Most visitor like simple but nice website.
    2. Your site should load very fast. Throw away any unused stuffs such as unnecessary image, banner or logo.
    3. Defer CSS and Java Script. This step is important because it will make the site load even faster (from visitor's point of view). Place important CSS in header block and full/real CSS above </body> (near footer). Make the script run in Async or Defer mode as well.
    4. Use Lazy load image as it will help visitor which has poor internet connection. Visitor who download file from another sites and open your site at the same times may experience slow speed in opening any website (due on downloading files). Having Lazy load will help anyone in slow connection. At least, the site will appear to load image instantly.
    Advanced Optimization
    Four steps above are first step to optimize the site. Here next advanced steps to optimize the site even further:
    1. Enable caching. Always cache the page for efficiency and speed. Enable cache in Website (via plugin) or via Server (Webserver).
    2. Use CDN to load the site. CDN could be used to deliver complete web page and not only image. Special configuration may need to be done in server (expiry date and small things) and CDN (page rules, page/file types).
    Optimizing Ads Delivery
    Two steps above are advanced technique to optimize the site. The step below are for optimizing the ads delivery:
    1. Use Ads Server to further optimize the ads delivered on the site.
      I prefer using Google's DoubleClick for Publisher. Most people call it DFP. DFP could be used to serve ads from various ads network in single/same spot in our site. Using Adserver (such as DFP) is necessary to get better revenue.
    2. Make the ads load after the page fully loaded.
      Use Async code to make it load simultaneously after full page has been rendered. I know some companies prefer their ads to be loaded at the same time the page rendered (or before the page has been rendered). However, having the ads rendered after the page has been fully loaded works perfect for me. Combined with Image Lazy Load, the site will appear magically whenever visitor scroll the page to read more content. Banner ads works better with lazy load and async code.
    3. DFP and other Adserver (free or paid) offer Ads Code in Async mode. Some CDN even offer the Script to be loaded after the page has been rendered (Cloudflare via Rocket Loader, etc).
    Suggestion
    Here are few Suggestion (based on my self experience) which may help:
    1. Avoid using excessive or heavy advertising. CPA Ads usually convert better if there are few ads in the site.
    2. Avoid serving ads in intrusive methods. Intrusive ads may cause the visitor to leave the site instantly.
    Better methods to serve Ads
    Last, there is method to serve CPA ads/offers in better way.
    1. Select CPA offer which may suitable for the website and visitor. Targeleon has special tab named 'Offers' (look at first post in this thread) which has various offer from advertiser. Choose carefully and select only low payout offers which may perform better in the site. There are some offers which are suitable for most niche. Choose only high payout offers if the site has high and better conversion.
    2. If you use WordPress, use plugin to rotate offer based on specified criteria. Otherwise, Use DFP to serve Ads. DFP could be used to serve lots of offers in single ads spot. Create lots of creatives and assign it in your ads spot. DFP has various filter to show ads based on lots of category.
    Simple (maybe useless) Story
    In the past, I only use CPC ads type. I was so happy to get revenue based on the click. Few years later, someone from this forum indirectly told me if CPE (Cost Per Engagement) especially PPS/PPL (Pay Per Sale/Pay Per Lead) may give better revenue. I register at several CPS company such as Amazon, Viglink, Skimlink and some direct shopping affiliate. Even though all of them accept my sites, I got nothing from direct affiliate and very small (very very small) revenue from other CPE companies.
    It turn out the sites were not suitable for CPE Advertising. I began creating two sites in different niches. Those sites now become my main sources of income. I only use CPE and CPC ads in that sites. CPE give better revenue compared than CPC.

High Quality website mean more revenue
    It is not an easy journey, Before I get sufficient income from advertising, I have experienced difficulties in paying server due to low revenue in advertising. After creating special sites for CPE, everything seems so easy. Some Companies even let me use their special service/codes which display special advertisement. Viglink may monetize website based on links but it also enable publisher to use their graphical ads which is suitable to be placed in the middle of article. Other companies have special offers for their publisher.

Summary
    The key to success in advertising actually lies on the high quality website. High quality sites need well written and optimized articles. Some network including Google Adsense only require a website with high quality articles. However, there are few networks which pays better than CPC companies. Unlike Adsense, they require high quality articles with very high amount of traffic. They give stable and better revenue due to fixed price and special contract.

To sum up:
    1. CPA network only pays on conversion.
      Advertisers pay CPA Companies (Targeleon, AWM, CPA Lead, etc) if they get conversion. CPA Companies pays their publisher based on conversion and not click or impression. The percentage they paid to publisher varies from each Ads Network.
    2. Getting zero revenue on CPA network is not the sign of scam.
      If anyone getting zero revenue in Targeleon, just try other CPA network and the result may not different. It is normal for anyone to get zero revenue if there is no conversion. The same thing applies to pure CPC network. If any sites receive million of visitor but got no click at all, they will get nothing from Ads Network.
      That is why I said it is better to monetize the site with proper Ads Format/Type. If CPA didn't work, try CPC or CPM (CPV).
    3. A first sign of Scam Companies/Network is simple. If the companies didn't pay the revenue (in this term 'Conversion'), that network could be called as Scam.
      As far as I know, Targeleon always pays on time. It never miss single payment. However, getting conversion could be hard for some niches. If anyone get conversion, the company surely will pay it. This is the sign if they are not scam network. The fact they offer weekly payment and has nice support staff in this forum is a sign if they are serious with their business.
    4. Despite using Java Script and Iframe provided by Targeleon, Publisher has the option to compile lots of offers and serve it based on many criteria. I recommend to choose only high conversion offer and serve it via Google's DFP (DoubleClick for Publisher).
      There are many offers which I believe suitable in almost many niches. Choose all of them and place the ads in visible area. I prefer below header and in article.
    5. I have read, The official page in this forum and it seems Targeleon is now offer special category (CPI only or Ads for Incentive Traffic). Publisher only need to request it and the staff will provide the code. I never tried this so I have no comment about it.
    6. Try other CPA Network if Targeleon didn't work for your site. However, majority of CPA Network require their publisher to get the offers manually (by compiling it) and serve it via internal or third parties Ads Server (recommended). While it could be great choice for advanced publisher, it could be a burden for anyone who is new in using CPA. Targeleon offer various code and publisher didn't have to get the offer by themselves. They just need to paste the code in the website and start getting conversion. Publisher only need to optimize keep the quality of their sites.
    7. I recommend to use backfill ads for the visitors from some countries. In my main sites (monetized using CPS and CPC), I have a rule to not display ads for visitors from certain coutries.
    I May Able to Help
    I am not profesional nor someone who have very good experience in working with CPA ADs. However, I may able to help anyone to get conversion. I didn't promise nor guarantee anyone to get conversion. I would only help to optimize the sites and tries various CPA offers which may suitable for the website. If anyone require help, write the site in this thread and I would gladly analyze it. Use Private message (PM) if it is not possible to place the link in this thread (or due to privacy concern).

Arick
    Few notes:
    1. (I do apology for delay in replaying. Since two days ago I have to help preparing College Graduation Ceremony. Student graduation ceremony is scheduled to be held few days later)
    2. I write this post in a hurry so it may not readable (due to wrong grammar or other things).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Arick unirow, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  13. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is this type of Ads Network operated buy Russian people & i have some bad experience with them.

Furquan Ahmed, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  14. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    It doesn't really matter which nationality the people who operate the network. What really matter is the credibility of the Company/Network. You would be surprised to find out many reputable and well known Network have Russian IT worked with them.

I know someone in this forum who was born in Russia and now live in Europe. He is great person to talk about SEO and webmaster related topics. He has been with this forum since 2006. I do know good person from another country such as India, Chinese and Malaysia.

I do understand there is bad person in many places but I do believe there are still too many great person out there. ^__^

Arick unirow, Oct 20, 2016 IP
    Furquan Ahmed likes this.
  15. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just placed there some CPI offer on of my Android App related site & after getting approved in hour I have made $3 which is one of the fastest income generated by my site. Now I am thinking AdSense very useless on my site.

Furquan Ahmed, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  16. Goatee

Goatee Peon

Best Answers:
    with the company? or with russians in general?

Goatee, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  17. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    $3 in the first day is considered to be acceptable. I got $1.73 in the first week I joined Targeleon. ^__^
    As far as I know, CPI is a good choice for most niches.
    You would get such privileges and become Established Member soon enough if you keep helping others in this board. I see you have good experience in PPC. You could start helping others by sharing your experience in PPC section. :)

========================================================

Today, Targeleon officially announce the new addition in their Publisher Dashboard. The GUI (Graphic User Interface) is till the same but a new menu has been added. The new menu is called "API". Look at the picture below:
    Snap 2016-10-25 at 08.01.22.png
    Targeleon has enabled API so publisher would be able to do these things:
    1. Get information about the statistic of the account.
      Publisher could use the API to get detailed information about:
      - Impressions
      - Conversions
      - Ratio Conversion
      - eCPM
      - Payout
      - Group (based on countries)
      - etc.
    2. Retrieve various Offers.
      Targeleon surely has simple but very powerful API. Publisher could obtain various offers just by entering the Publisher UID (Unique Identifier). To get more detailed offers, Publisher only have to add Vertical or FLow ID.
      Lists of Vertical and Flow ID are available in the API Section. For example, 4 is the Flow ID of the CPI while 6 is the Flow ID of Credit Card Submit (CC).
      In Targeleon, Mobile Games has Vertical ID of 9 while Apps has Vertical ID of 10.
    I have checked the API and quite impressed. It is fast and stable.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Arick unirow, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  18. iamunixus

iamunixus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your review, maybe I will give them a try

iamunixus, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  19. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    I have tried Targeleon for few months (since then end of July) and it perform good in my site. I think it could be a good idea to try it in my other sites which has different niches and much better traffic.
    I would see how good it is in next few months. If everything works as expected and it works great in my other sites as well, I may use it in my main sites next year.
    Latest screenshot:
    Snap 2016-10-29 at 12.31.13 (1).png
    Don't forget to share your experience if you decide to try it.

Arick unirow, Oct 28, 2016 IP
  20. Targeleon

Targeleon Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Publishers, thank you for participating in our recent survey in regards to the new payment options. We really appreciate your feedback.

We've just added ePayments service to the payments options, which, by the way, allows us to send funds to BTC as well. If any of these payment services is more convenient for you, we encourage you to use them.

Payoneer is coming in very shortly. We'll keep you posted.

Targeleon, Nov 11, 2016 IP