1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it hard to learn Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by JeremyIrvine, Jul 28, 2013.

1. moneymaker100

moneymaker100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well learning anything is not hard.You need to follow few step for learning anything not just photoshop.

1. A strong will
    2. Fast internet connection ( with fast net connection you can learn photoshop from youtube channles.)
    3. Never say never to anything.
    4. keep patience .. dont just close the ps if you fail.no matter how many times you fail.
    5. lynda photoshop tutorials ( they helped me a lot and i have learned so many things by following lynda photoshop tutorials ) you can learn from there website or you can follow youtube channels too.

by following lynda ps tutorials you can learch ps in few months. GOOD LUCK

moneymaker100, Oct 8, 2016 IP
  2. jason9946

jason9946 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you want to know how to learn Photoshop then please see the youtube video .

jason9946, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Check with your local library - they may be able to give you free access to Lynda.com - mine does!

sarahk, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  4. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I have just learned photo-shop and let me tell you it is quite addictive. I suggest you to go for Photoshop Course in a graphic designing institute nearby. You can get information from net, but an experienced person can guide you when you are struck.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  5. graphicguy

graphicguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It takes love, excitement, eagerness to learn and practice :)

Check youtube for lessons and good tutorials!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2016
    graphicguy, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  6. imteaz

imteaz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I tried myself and failed, cause i didn't have patience. you need to work hard and keep learning..

imteaz, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  7. Ryan_Stevens

Ryan_Stevens Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, learn about Photoshop it's not really hard only it depends on your practice. If you doing good practice first it will hard for making something but if you still doing practice then after some days you will become an expert at making anything in Photoshop.

Ryan_Stevens, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  8. Rachel Lee

Rachel Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best way to learn photoshop is to watch youtube tutorials by experienced desingers.

Rachel Lee, May 4, 2017 IP
  9. Branko Jovanovic

Branko Jovanovic Banned

Best Answers:
    Basics of Photoshop are easy. Though as for broschure design I would rather use CorelDraw or even Adobe Illustrator. Again why Corel? Because it has more flexibility, its a vector and bitmap using software, can have multiple pages etc. Photoshop is as it name says a photo editing software and yes it can be used to make a brochure from scratch but .psd files will be huge as everything is rendered in bitmap. U want lots of RAM in your PC for that, min 8GB.
    One key thing about Photoshop is the layers. You need to think like you have put a picture over picture, and how do they interact with one another - specificaly all layers but the background layer can have transparency or can have masks or deleted parts so u can see the layer under. Lots of guides on Youtube.

Branko Jovanovic, May 9, 2017 IP
  10. Ingener

Ingener Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, learning Photoshop is not hard, if you spend four hours a day, within 2 weeks you can master basic and advanced Photoshop. I'm also about to begin a Photoshop learning campaign for the design.

Ingener, May 9, 2017 IP
  11. bluepencil

bluepencil Member

Best Answers:
    Actually for simple banners I have found Paint Shop Pro's text handling to be leagues more convenient for the user than Photoshop. Even an old version of Paint Shop Pro 9 is perfectly serviceable.

Photoshop gradient text screencap (link)
    PSP 9 gradient text screencap (link)

Specially when it comes to gradients. Changing text color in Photoshop is a convoluted process.

In Paint Shop, you don't have to click on the color picker two screens away. If you have your text selected, just click on a swatch to change it instantly. Right-click to set inside text properties, left click to set the text outline. I use Photoshop for drawing and coloring, and simply don't bother with its text tool. I export the graphics and work on its text there in PSP.

I will admit that Photoshop's text handling is much superior is one area, Warping text and arranging them in shapes like circles, etc. Unfortunately, the rest of it is still so awkward that I end up just saving text layer as raster and then working it over manually adding gradient and 3D effects.

Learning Photoshop is somewhat difficult, but once mastered it is a very powerful tool. However, as a professional, you don't actually have to use only Photoshop. Be free to use different tools as what best serves your needs.

bluepencil, May 14, 2017 IP
  12. Laurence Burke

Laurence Burke Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so is hard to learn about Photoshop. You watch a tutorial from Youtube and also doing practice because to learn about Photoshop its depend on your practice. If you didn't do practice then you can't learn about Photoshop.

Laurence Burke, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  13. semvalley

semvalley Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends... slow n study win the race... Youtube is best in start you can find tutorials there...

semvalley, Jul 5, 2017 IP
  14. Tammy Edgerly

Tammy Edgerly Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using Photoshop for years and I self taught myself and still learning ;) You want learn Photoshop in 2 to 3 days, but there are alot or tutorials on YouTube to help you. My suggestion would be to outsource your work or tell your boss you can't do it.

Tammy Edgerly, Jul 23, 2017 IP
  15. Alcoby2005

Alcoby2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is hard but with ps articles u can learn it kinda fast. Read this for example
    http://fixthephoto.com/blog/retouch-tips/photo-manipulation-photoshop.html. Good luck!

Alcoby2005, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  16. online virtual assistant

online virtual assistant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try learning lynda.com or search on youtube for free tutorials.

17. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think anyone can master all of Photoshop it has too many features.

David Morrison, Nov 5, 2017 IP
  18. K Padmapriya

K Padmapriya Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop basics are easy and when the time passes during practicing the things become hard . The process is not hard to learn, it depends on the individual interest in learning new things, creativity, capability of understanding and eager to achieve something. If you keep on learning, you will feel fun to use and not bore.

K Padmapriya, Nov 7, 2017 IP
  19. Alperot

Alperot Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to learn Photoshop is using it hands-on with just experimenting, although you should know shift dragging to resize will help your image stay shape. Pretty much everything you need to know is on the web. You have sites like pixel2life, psd.tutsplus, abduzeedo that can help you get a little more experience as well.

Alperot, Nov 27, 2017 IP
  20. dam pointing

dam pointing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have that crazy mind to exploit the images or create your own designs then bro its not at all hard and if you are just learning for basic then its a little hard but a lot of fun to learn Photoshop.

dam pointing, Apr 30, 2018 IP