1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is different between Sessions, Users And Page view?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by i_am_dhaval, Jun 22, 2015.

can anyone please tell me

what is different between Sessions, Users And Page view?

Sessions i don't understand

Thanks

i_am_dhaval, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  2. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Say I come visit your site on June 1. While I’m there, I visit your homepage, your about page, and your contact page. If I’m the only one to your site, here’s how your analytics profile is going to read:

Sessions: 1Users: 1Pageviews: 3
    So I’m one user, I’ve created one session, and I’ve viewed three pages.

Now let’s pretend I come back to your site (using the same machine) on June 2. Again, I visit your homepage, about page, and contact page. Now here’s how your total will read (assuming no other activity on the site):

Sessions: 2Users: 1Pageviews: 6
    A session “resets” by default after 30 minutes of inactivity or at the end of the calendar day. Because I came back to your site twice on different days, it’s going to register as two sessions. However, as long as I haven’t cleared my browser cookies and come back from the same device, it will still see me as one user. If however I look at your site on my desktop and then from my mobile, Google Analytics will likely show two users since (generally) it doesn’t do well tracking across devices.

Finally, pageviews just counts the number of webpages actually loaded. Every time someone loads a page on your site, it will show a pageview.

khemraj, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  3. Kate Evans

Kate Evans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The users are the number of unique individuals that visit your site.Pageviews is the number of times your pages get a "hit", regardless of who is doing them. As soon as someone visits your site, a session begins. So it means that sessions do not track how many pages the person visited or what they are doing, they only track the period of activity. In order to find more information for understanding the difference between these three terms, i suggest you to read this article https://www.nosegraze.com/sessions-users-pageviews/!

Kate Evans, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  4. Web Spero

Web Spero Member

Best Answers:
    Your website or webpages is visited by how many unique visitors and how much pages that visitor has clicked in his first visit. So the session will be the number of time that same visitor has visited your website, user will be that unique visitors, and page views will be the number pages visited by that unique visitor.

Hope that help you..

Web Spero, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  5. Maria Watson

Maria Watson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Determining the number of users is like counting the number of people at a party. Weather the person enters and go outside the house many times but you will count him/her only one.
    Pageviews are the number of times your pages get a “hit”, regardless of who’s doing them. Sessions refer to individual browsing “sprees” without interruption.
    Sessions don’t differentiate between unique individuals. They only count the number of sessions, regardless of who’s doing them.

Maria Watson, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  6. Prateek Agarwal

Prateek Agarwal Member

Best Answers:
    Users:-
    Basically, user's are the number of unique people or individuals that visit your website, Determining the number of users is like counting the number of people at a party.
    Here is an example:

Person #1 comes by and visits three pages on your site today. Then, tomorrow, that same person comes by and visits two more pages. Then, a week from now, they come back and visit one more.

All of that adds up to one user. Even though they visited multiple pages, it was all done by one single individual. When we’re looking at users, that’s all we care about—the unique individual.

So then person #2 comes by and visits four pages. That’s another one point, giving us a total of two users now.

Sessions:-
    As soon as someone visit your site a session begins. Sessions don't track how many pages the person visited.
    This one, single session will continue until the person is inactive. By default, the required period of inactivity is 30 minutes. That means the session will keep going until the person is inactive for 30 minutes (which might suggest they’ve left your site or are no longer browsing around).

PageViews:-
    A pageview is defined as a view of a page on your site that is being tracked by the Analytics tracking code. If a user clicks reload after reaching the page, this is counted as an additional pageview. If a user navigates to a different page and then returns to the original page, a second pageview is recorded as well.

Prateek Agarwal, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  7. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Question : like 100 visitor come then it will come 100 Sessions ( the same user come again and new user both count under Sessions ?)

i_am_dhaval, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  8. William Bethman

William Bethman Peon

Best Answers:
    Session is how much time did specific user(s) spend on your website.

William Bethman, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  9. susanhlee05

susanhlee05 Member

Best Answers:
    What is the way to calculate the page views in google analytic?

susanhlee05, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  10. TrafficBot

TrafficBot Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a short guidance to it:
    https://www.trafficbot.uk/blog/sessions-users-and-page-views-understanding-the-difference/

TrafficBot, Jan 19, 2018 IP