1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stretching content width on Weebly website?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY, Oct 4, 2016.

I want it to stretch completely from one side to the other, leaving no borders on the left or right. Basically the text you see should be aligned all the way to the left of the screen. I also don't like that it bunches up if you zoom in, but I assume the content stretching will fix that too?

I've looked up a few things, and I've been trying really hard to find the right line of code to fix that, but so far it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm sorry for asking what is likely such a silly question, but it's driving me insane.

I know I have to look for the content line, but every skin there is different. I could really just use someone who's actually NICE ENOUGH to help me to give some much needed assistance. Other forums I've been to, everyone there is a complete jerk. I have a job, people to take care of, and I can't spend 24/7 struggling with something so simple as this that I can't wrap my head around, so pretty please? I'd even give someone my account information to help me?

trappitytrappity.weebly.com/

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You won't find much weebly expertise here - have you tried their support?

sarahk, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if it's the page you linked to, you have a <div> with the class .container that has the width set to 1024px. Remove that width, and the width will be 100%.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  4. TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY Peon

Best Answers:
    Sarah: Weebly is a great website builder (especially for beginners), but therir support team, basically (they literally have told me this), to go and look for a CSS forum, because they don't have anyone who can help with that, only work with what is already built in. I was dumbfounded... 0_O

To you, Mr. bunny, I will indeed try that code you mentioned, I was messing around with other width, but I'm not sure about the .container. If that works though, I swear it, your my favorite forum user ever! ;-)

I will return after checking it out, might be tomorrow morning, but thank you for the replies!

5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You will very quickly find that few share that definition of the word "great" -- it's a giant lie/scam perpetrated on nubes to dupe them into THINKING they can build a website; the resultant sites being a fat bloated train wreck of how NOT to build a website and the pinnacle of developer ineptitude.

That their "support' told you to get help elsewhere is hardly a surprise, given what they vomit up and have the unmitigated GALL to call HTML proves that they don't know enough HTML or CSS to have made a system to allow others to make websites, much less open their mouths on the mere subject of doing so!

Your site's first line of content says it all "What's wrong with Weebly"?

Static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, little if anything resembling semantic markup or graceful degradation resulting in flipping the bird at any users with accessibility needs, garbage mix-match of outdated HTML 3.2 and 4 tranny in a 5 document clealy proving they don't know enough about HTML to be making HTML, tags like <font> and attributes like target="" that have ZERO business in any HTML written after 1998, massive pointless code bloat that is near impossible to style even for their own system, much less someone who doesn't want their "out of the box" cookie cutter sites.

Hence why your example page has 20k of markup to do 2.5k's job... well, more like 4k's job once all the stuff that SHOULD be in there is added in after stripping out all the pointless bloated idiotic nonsense... but for what's in there and what it does RIGHT NOW, that's 2.5k max for the HTML. That's how inept and ignorant Feebly's developers are.

You're being scammed, duped, bamboozled. That's what Feebly does to people. If you knew even the first thing about HTML or CSS, you'd be dumbfounded as to why anyone would use it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    deathshadow, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  6. TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY Peon

Best Answers:
    ^lol, holy smokes!

Yeah, by great, I meant it has (for me anyone) an easy and get it done real quick kind of thing to it, so you don't HAVE to know what your doing. I WOULD build my own from scratch (I'm fairly competent figuring it out from other "templates"), but finding a host is what gets me, and I don't know of anyone who is going to allow me to have UNLIMITED storage/bandwith for $17.99 a month. Beside that though, yeah, their coding is EXTREMELY windows 99 level, no need to convince me, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be having this problem right now.

PoPSiCLe, I did find that .container, but when I got rid of the "1024px" the website had an episode, and destoryed the entire CSS coding, leaving me with a "first computer ever built" look. I tried to make it overall a larger number, just exaggerated on 10000px, but it didn't do a thing. The kitty image always stays put in the middle as well, instead of stretching, like I figure it would.

EDIT-------

Alright, I played around with it, and I think I've got the content thing solved for the most part. Would someone else take a look at it and see if their computer as well as mine is lining up the text left to right.

The kitty remains an issue, but I assume I would have to change it's (or any other image I add) individual display size? I looked in the HTML, but I don't see it's line anywhere in the editor.

Yeah, the only other thing, is that the text still bunches up when I zoom into the page. Why do websites do that? How can I get it to stop. For instance, even if I zoom IE 11 %1000 percent, the forum here will not bunch up. However my sight, and say, Wikipedia will bunch up.

Instead of looking like this paragraph.

It will
    look
    this
    paragraph...

http://trappitytrappity.weebly.com/

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016