1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to advertise CPA offers?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rebel_989, Sep 24, 2016.

Which are the best places to promote CPA offers? I already tried Bing Ads but I lost money since I earned less than what I spent.

rebel_989, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Creating a site, free or with a domain name, creating content, and driving traffic to that content.

There are other more nefarious methods, but this is not the place foe those, and, those methods tend to get your account closed.

wordplucker, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  3. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Also dont forget creating social media accounts and finding followers/friends targeted to your offer

Matteo Matt, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  4. wordplucker

Best Answers:
    Yep, to me that is a natural part of driving traffic, social nets can yield more traffic, faster, than the once mighty search engines.

wordplucker, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  5. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    I've been promoting CPA offers for over 16 years.

Mostly I promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that require a purchase.

I drive traffic by acquiring data (email) and the reason is simply because, I'm building assets that I then own and can market to over and over at low cost. So essentially I own the traffic and can generate it on demand. Compared to what most marketers do, which is to pay for traffic that often just produces a bunch of clicks that convert poorly (unless they have a proven funnel implemented) or they use some free strategy that ends up not being worth the time spent implementing.

Keep in mind that the fact that I promote PPL offers, over trying to get users to buy something is Key to the overall strategy. Where with typical email marketing and trying to produce sales through email, you would want to send the users quality content related to the offers and build a relationship/trust with them, so they eventually may feel comfortable making a purchase. With PPL offers there is nothing to buy (the user is just filling out a form, requesting more info), so trying to buld a relationship/trust isn't necessary. I have actually tested this and it produces no significan increase in conversion, so it is simply not worth all the extra work.

In case you are thinking that I am just spamming users, that is not the case. All the data that I acquire, the users have given permission to receive messages from third parties. So it is 100% can-spam compliant.

I purchase fresh / vertically targeted data, in that I know what the users are interested in and that a PPL offer exists that matches their interest.

I generate real-time co-reg that targets specific PPL offers.

I buy aged / domain targeted data. This is a bit more complex and also requires additional tools / resources to do profitably.

Last but not least, I get (fresh/targeted) rev-share data, Which is data that has $0 upfront cost and then I split the revenue generated with the list owners.

All of the above will rarely be as responsive as a highly targeted opt-in list that you develop yourself. So to compensate for this, you have to work with higher volume. This is not a big deal, because buying data is much faster and cheaper that developing it.

The initial data you acquire is not what is going to make you money long term. You want to always be collecting your opens / clickers and removing the non-responsive users. That way you are building a smaller, but very responsive list, that eventually you will be able to send less and make more with each mailing. So essentially you are converting the list from quantity to quality.

The key to making this work is to test all data sources before spending any significant money to acquire. That way you can get an idea how long it is going to take to break-even on your acquisition costs. Also if it appears that it is going to take longer than you are comfortable with, you can try and negotiate a better price.

With rev-share data, you are doing the same, but since there is no upfront cost for the data. You then simply need to choose if you want to continue receiving more data from that source or not...there is nothing to negotiate.

Basically, I'm monetizing data using PPL offers, because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions and converting the data into cash producing assets.

Obviously there is much more to it, but it really does work. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, foes 6-7 figures. While that may be a huge range, much comes down to one abilities to scale and effectively manage the infrastructure that comes with scaling.

Anyway, something to think about.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    eMonetize, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  6. Kurt Roswell

Kurt Roswell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This type of arbitrage (i.e. sourcing ad traffic leading to conversion to an ad offer) rarely works. The prices would eventually meet where it's impossible to make a profit anymore. I suggest build an asset like a social media presence or email list and then offer them your CPA offers. That way, you get more bang and more chances for your advertising buck in the long term.

Kurt Roswell, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  7. wordplucker

Best Answers:
    The PPL is CPA, just enter your email address to win....

I have been thinking of buying some good solo ad email blasts, it is one thing I have never done. Then I can use the list I make to be my own affiliate.

wordplucker, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  8. Karenmia

Karenmia Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tries social media? It's easy to promote cpa in social networks or try working with blogs

Karenmia, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  9. DaveP

DaveP Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It looks like you gave up too quick.
    Back in the day I ran ads when adwords was the wild wild west.
    Everybody made money.
    Now people pay over $100 per click.
    You need to figure out why your offer lost money.
    This is the part that every guru that sells a $3997 CPA course doesn't bother telling you.
    You're going to fail out of the gate.
    The guys that make ten grand a day keep tweaking and keep moving forward.

DaveP, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  10. rebel_989

rebel_989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using one of those "black hat" methods that @wordplucker mentioned above. The first time I spent $6, and earned $2. Then I tried to optimize the site even for mobile browsers since the most traffic came from there. I spent $10 and earned $6. Now I don't know what else to do...

rebel_989, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  11. rebel_989

rebel_989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried to optimize the site even more, but I still lost money. I think I will do list building. Social networks are too time consuming for me.

rebel_989, Nov 29, 2016 IP