1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do People Lie?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ahmed Bettaieb, Sep 18, 2016.

Why do People Lie, precisely?

Most everyone, at some time, has lied. Come clean now: that incorporates you and me. Truth be told, a few people, miserable to say, lie constantly. Analysts call these individuals habitual or psychopathic liars. They tell lies notwithstanding when they don't need to. Indeed, even the most youthful of kids will lie, particularly in the event that they think by doing it they won't get rebuffed for something. At the point when kids first figure out how lying functions, they do not have the ethical comprehension of when to forgo doing it.

While everyone lies, few see how dangerous it can be, the reason we do it, or how to stop it. So how about we answer the inquiry, "Why do individuals lie?",how can i be liar detective
    1-Fear:
    Individuals can be so anxious of what may happen in the event that they came clean. Perhaps they have accomplished something incorrectly and fear the outcomes of their activities, so they deceive conceal what they did. As regularly said in regards to political outrages: It's not the wrongdoing that gets you in a bad position, almost as much as the concealment.
    2-Manipulation:
    Falsehoods are regularly persuaded by a craving to get other individuals to either accomplish something or not accomplish something, or to settle on a choice in the support of the individual doing the lying. Somebody may mislead get something they longing, for example, sex, cash, status, power, love, and so forth.
    3-PRIDE – Many times, a man will lie on account of pride. They utilize it to no end more than an instrument to make a good picture of themselves. This prompts embellishment, which is a type of lying. Regularly individuals will make interesting, yet totally false, stories to enhance their picture.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Ahmed Bettaieb, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you missed 4-ENTERTAINMENT some people just seem to get a kick out of it.

wordplucker, Sep 18, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  3. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You also have missed "To Protect" someone from someone.

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 18, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. Ahmed Bettaieb

Ahmed Bettaieb Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe i missed "To-Cheat" or "To-become-a-politician"

Arick unirow likes this.
  5. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One more answer for OP:
    Because it is better to not tell the truth for some obvious reasons. As an example:
    Someone (a friend) try a blouse and ask whether it will make her more attractive or not, we usually answer:
    1. "Wow, that blouse is good for you but I think the color makes you looks pale", or
    2. "That blouse looks good but I believe you should try the other as well"
    In my custom (or tradition), we were raised by our parent not to say negative things. We believe it would be better to not tell the truth (but still give solution) if it has a chance to hurt feeling.
    Look an illustration above, someone need to get opinion about the blouse. Of course we could give honest opinion but we believe it would be better to not tell the truth but keep giving constructive opinion.

Arick unirow, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  6. Ahmed Bettaieb

Ahmed Bettaieb Member

Best Answers:
    We can live in a better world without lying

7. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, we always believe that. In fact, our tradition always say to tell the truth. However, for some simple things as above, it is better to keep their feeling rather than telling the truth. However, I understand your point.

Arick unirow, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  8. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Girlfriends lie mostly to Manipulate. :confused:

Digital_shubhi, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  9. domainstroller

domainstroller Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is said that self-esteem is one of the biggest culprits why people lie. As soon as people feel that their self-esteem is threatened, they immediately begin to lie at higher levels.

domainstroller, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  10. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Lying is one of the easiest ways to gain benefits for oneself, at the behest of others. Even maybe with no damage to others, plainly by putting oneself in a better position, for instance.

While we do try to tell ourselves that telling the truth will always be better, that is very often not the case.
    For instance:
    say you're accused of doing something illegal - and while telling the truth will definitely define you as "guilty", lying might make the whole thing go away. What benefit would YOU have for telling the truth?
    Or, less illegal, but still morally reprehensible - you've cheated on your significant other, one time thing, other person is long gone - why would you tell your significant other that you cheated? What good would that do?

The point is - as long as we, humans, have ourselves as the top priority, lying will always be beneficial - of course, lying can also lead to problems, so one needs to make sure that the lies are easy to remember, easy to make believable, and of course, not possible to refute by doing a simple Google-search.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 18, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. Ahmed Bettaieb

Ahmed Bettaieb Member

Best Answers:
    We need to change this world

Ahmed Bettaieb, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  12. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That is, of course, a noble propposition. It's also completely useless, and will never happen. No point in fighting wars that cannot be won.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the above quote. Lying is a part of human nature and you cannot change human nature. Anyone who claims that they never lie is a liar.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  14. hodor1

hodor1 Member

Best Answers:
    It's much more convenient sometimes.

hodor1, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  15. Maria Watson

Maria Watson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think some people want to gain some attention. Some do it as a habit

Maria Watson, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    All those playboy stunts you've done over the years - you'll have to come up with a couple good lies for your future significant other.

Or you can just find a good chick from Vardø that still doesn't know how to use the Internet.

qwikad.com, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A friend rang yesterday and was complaining about some painters she'd hired who are from a different culture. There seems to be a thing with some cultures where you are given instructions to do a job in a particular way. You say "Yes, I'll do that" BUT you continue doing things the way you want to. You then get really angry when you lose the contract, get sacked because the person paying loses patience with your lies.

sarahk, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  18. Web_Dev_Chris

Web_Dev_Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very broad question. I think it come down to a choice, if you want to know why. They choose to lie. It's kind of like asking, "Why do men that arn't gay "Straight" wear pink undies?" It's a choice. Buy Why, I don't know. If you were lied to, you need to ask the person that lied to you why, if you lied, ask yourself why you lied.

Web_Dev_Chris, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  19. Ahmed Bettaieb

Ahmed Bettaieb Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you shouldn't ask the person that lied "Why" because as i know he will simply lie again

Ahmed Bettaieb, Sep 21, 2016 IP
  20. MercedezThomson

MercedezThomson Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes people lie so they don't hurt someone they care about.

MercedezThomson, Oct 4, 2016 IP