1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do jews think about Jesus(pbuh)' miraculous birth?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mrforum, Sep 16, 2016.

Both the christians and muslims believe that Jesus(pbuh) was born miraculously without a father, but what about the jews opinions? Do they believe this, or they say Jesus(pbuh) born to a father ?

mrforum, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You're asking a very complex question. You'd have to do an in-depth research to fully answer it. I am not Jewish, but from what I understand, in the Torah the word "virgin" isn't mentioned. There it says "young woman". So Jewish theologians claim that she was just a young woman impregnated by her husband. They also claim that centuries later Christian theologians changed it to a virgin birth, which is viewed as a heresy by the majority of the Jews.

However, in Isaiah, which is part of the Torah with some differences if you compare it to the book of Isaiah in the Bible, it clearly says:

Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."

It's kind of hard to argue against the obvious. If it's a "young woman" how in the world does it make it a sign? And why would she call him Immanuel (Which means God with us)? I am sure many Jews stumble over this verse.

qwikad.com, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  3. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's viewed as she was impregnated by her husband, then i am wondering whether there are enough historical records that proves this. For example every prophet whether they're being accepted by certain people or not, they have a history which shows their family members & events in their life, like this, do the jews have any historical records to support this argument that Jesus(pbuh) had a father?

mrforum, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  4. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jesus PBUH was a Jew, fyi, as well as all of his followers. Answering your question: The New Testament book of Matthew recounts the genealogy of Jesus, starting with Abraham and ending with Joseph, the husband of Mary.

Barti1987, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  5. mrforum

Best Answers:
    So you mean according to New Testament his father is Joseph ?

mrforum, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  6. Barti1987

Best Answers:
    Was the statement not clear enough? The above statement I found from Google, maybe you should try to do some research on the issue and get all points of view before asking people for their opinions.

Barti1987, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The man who raised him in most circles is considered to be the father. Joseph was in that role.

Logic tells you that if a baby was conceived by immaculate conception (aka cloning) then the baby's gender would have to be female.
    The Bible portrays Jesus as a male
    Therefore there has to have been a sperm donor to supply the Y chromosome and other dna that allowed Jesus to be male and not a dead ringer of his mother. So Joseph is either a cuckold or a liar and Mary definitely was a liar (although given the patriarchy she could be forgiven for embellishing?).
    Not the greatest parents for someone who will lead a major religion!

sarahk, Oct 13, 2016 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What's interesting to me is every religion has aspects that maybe considered to be unusual, hard to believe, even crazy. Yet, only Christianity is being mocked left and right for its claims. I wonder why.

I am a Christian, for me it's not hard to accept the idea of a virgin birth. If you believe that there's God who is the creator of all things, why would it be hard to believe that He can make a woman pregnant by His creative power? But all these things are understood and accepted by faith. The Bible clearly says: Without faith it is impossible to please God.

For me it's all very simple: If I die and Christianity happens to be a hoax, so be it then I die just like anyone does. But if I die and what I believe in is true, then I'll have what the Bible says that I'll have: an afterlife that is by far better than this current life.

qwikad.com, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Go to sites like 9Gag and you'll find all the major religions being targetted

sarahk, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  10. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    History shows there's too much politics in every religion. I have faith that we are God. Jesus, if he existed, knew that too.

Bushranger, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  11. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Well, here comes the importance of the definition of God, according to me and vast majority of the faiths, God is the Almighty, the Omniscient , the Eternal being. So according to this definition it's clear that we are not God. But there might be other definition for the term 'god' based on individual's options.

mrforum, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  12. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're God, made in His (or Her) image. You get back what you put in. Live a pious life and you'll be blessed with a pious life. We as a whole are the Almighty, the Omniscient being that you speak of. That's the message. I don't believe there's a magical sky-being watching over us. Your eyes are God's eyes. Your ears are God's ears. He (or She) knows all.

Bushranger, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  13. alwaysforGod

alwaysforGod Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not see how logic could dictate that a baby created by cloning would imitate the DNA sample's gender, since that is only a current, and human-based, restriction.
    As far as Jesus, His birth indeed was a mystery of the Creator, and would lead to the salvation of the world(s)!
    All glory to God, and peace to all.

alwaysforGod, Apr 25, 2018 IP
  14. Barti1987

Best Answers:
    Miracles are recorded in pretty much all religions (mainly Abrahamic). As a Muslim I see much mocking happening. As a human being you only notice things that relate to you, which is why you think in such manner. It is like when you buy a new red mercury, you start to notice everyone else who drives the same car (then again maybe it is just me). All religions, throughout time have been mocked and ridiculed, and rightly so. Asking people to believe in things you can not prove is hard. Which is why it is called Faith.

Is that your opinion, a reply to someone else, or an answer to the OP? Cloning does not create something new, but you are using an existing creation.

Barti1987, Apr 26, 2018 IP
  15. alwaysforGod

alwaysforGod Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was in response to her statement that the immaculate conception was A. an act of cloning and that B. cloning inherently creates a being of the same gender, with my point being that (direct gender mimic) is only a restriction to the human molecular sciences, not the capabilities of the Creator.

alwaysforGod, Apr 26, 2018 IP