1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to create a new website

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Sahil72, Sep 13, 2016.

I've just entered into the programming field and I'm looking to create a new website just like tf3dm.com and don't know where to start.

What language do I learn to set it up etc. Any ideas will be really helpful.

Sahil72, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the site is built with mainly PHP, the goto language for developing most websites. You can get a full overview (mostly) here: http://builtwith.com/tf3dm.com

While it's not too hard to create such a site, it is a daunting task for a beginner - there are plenty of pitfalls you would want to avoid, especially since you want to be able to register users, have users upload files, etc. That opens up a whole can of worms security wise, and you should definitely do this "step by step" - basic functionality first, then add stuff as you get more knowledgeable. And, for everything that is holy, never, EVER use PHPs mysql_ wrapper to connect to the database. If you come over a tutorial where they do use that, skip it and move on. Mysql_ is insecure, and has been on the deprecated list for a few years now. Instead, use mysqli_ with parameterized queries, or PDO (my preferred wrapper), also with parameterized queries, of course. That way you take care of quite a bit of the potential problems with database security.

I would recommend using some sort of tutorial site, like CodeAcademy or similar to start up, and when you hit a wall (which you will, trust me), come back here to ask.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 13, 2016 IP
    Sahil72 likes this.
  3. srivin

srivin Member

Best Answers:
    if you are beginner with web developing and designing , dont try building a industrial level website at once. This site is made of using PHP i think. So you need a wide knowledge about HTMl , CSS , php , mysql for make a such a web. First learn web designing and then come to developing part. I used wschools.com to learn those everything.So give a try.

However if really need to build a web like that you can use a CMS like wordpress or something to make a web like this easily.

Best Regards !

srivin, Sep 13, 2016 IP
    Sahil72 likes this.
  4. Ahmed Bettaieb

Ahmed Bettaieb Member

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend to start learning Wordpress coding with some CSS and php knowledge or the other free CMS which give you the full control of what you website looks like,that's the best way!

Ahmed Bettaieb, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  5. NekufBoum

NekufBoum Peon

Best Answers:
    My advise is to learn HTML/CSS firstly. After that you will have basic knowledge of web languages.
    Once you have them you can start learning PHP. I really like the cookbooks, because they provide you with real examples and know-how.

However, as the other users told you can always use a CMS as WordPress for such website.

NekufBoum, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  6. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    html and wordpress

Aaron111, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  7. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can look into WordPress. It has tons of themes for different types of websites.

If you are just starting out with programming, I wouldn't suggest building a complex app from the scratch. You may start building a basic CMS at first, and start from there eventually.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Sep 25, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  8. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can i get details about that app too..

Aaron111, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  9. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not looking at any particular theme. Have a look at ThemeForest, I am sure you will find some.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  10. jermainluong

jermainluong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should start with HTML/CSS first, they are markup language to create website ui.
    Then you have to study JavaScript which is the most popular language nowadays, with JavaScript you can do everything from client-side to server-side including database (mongoDB)

jermainluong, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  11. Jetfire

Jetfire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That site is built using PHP, as stated above. It's a good idea to start learning a web framework like Laravel. It has a lot of pre-built code for you that is secure and saves you time.

Jetfire, Oct 14, 2016 IP