1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which domain is better? For the best SEO exposure on global google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aliniuz2, Aug 29, 2016.

Hey,

I hope you're having a good day. I have a question. I am planning on opening up a web design agency. I currently own 2 domain names. They are not hosted yet. The domain names are: lotofwork.com and webdesign.to. I am planning to invest in an advertising campaign via Google Adwords/Facebook Ads.

In terms of SEO, and attracting as many customers internationally as possible, which one of the two domain names would be the better choice?

Thank you.

Best Wishes,
    Alan

Aliniuz2, Aug 29, 2016 IP
  2. Emma Clark

Emma Clark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lotofwork.com will be good choice , because .com is very efficient in terms of SEO.
    And if you are thinking of advertising campaign via Google Adwords/ Facebooks Ads then its a great idea but you must follow twitter and Pinterest.

Emma Clark, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  3. George_Lucas

George_Lucas Member

Best Answers:
    lotofwork.com looks unique. This domain has got attractive words. All the very best friend.

George_Lucas, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  4. Sicon

Sicon Peon

Best Answers:
    I would pick the webdesign.to if I would have to pick only of these two. Because webdesign.to shows the topic of the website while LotOfWork sounds like a website which is selling some sort of courses "how to work at home" or just "complaining". I would never guess that LotOfWork have something in common with web design, unless you know how to play with this theme "LotOfWork" and use it as you unique brand

Sicon, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  5. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    For webdesign.to, I like the "WebDesign" but not the "to" as it is Country Top-Level Domain. I did a quick check on internet and .to TLD is for Tonga. It is good if you only focus on Tonga but not internationally.

For lotofwork.com, it is easier to be remembered. I would choose lotofwork.com.

Mike Lee, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  6. naeemak776

naeemak776 Member

Best Answers:
    lotofwork.com is best because in few months if you'll famous ,people know about you as lotowork.com because it brand name

naeemak776, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  7. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Here is your answer:
    I am planning on opening up a web design agency.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  8. USOpen2016

USOpen2016 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are pros and cons for both. As people have said, having Webdesign in your domain name will help a lot, but it also isn't ideal having .to
    My personal opinion would be to get a .com name. Hope that helps

USOpen2016, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  9. MdIsmailHossain

MdIsmailHossain Member

Best Answers:
    .com domain has a lot of impact on SEO. So, i would suggest you to select this one: lotofwork.com

It will help you a lot is SEO of your website. A top level domain get lots of benefits in search engines. For best ranking results, avoid uncommon domains.

MdIsmailHossain, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  10. victorvictories

victorvictories Peon

Best Answers:
    From an SEO perspective, any gTLD will perform in the same way – whether that's .COM, .NET, .ORG, or .to Google has been openly saying this till date. But it is entirely your call and what will click with your customers i.e. which domain name will be better. I would go with Webdesign as it has less vagueness

victorvictories, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  11. Satpal Kapoor

Satpal Kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, alotofwork will be better for seo and global presence since it is .com, webdesign would be better for blogging and link exchange purposes and it would be like a refresher for you to do some experiments on the website too.
    SEO exposure is important if you want to rank your website plus alotofwork sounds very modern and cool.

Satpal Kapoor, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  12. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Not even idiot would use stupid not related to design "lot of work" to run search
    for "web design" services. SEO based on keywords and not .TLD only moron would
    claim make any difference for algos, but "web design" would 100%

fastreplies

fastreplies, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you aware that this is a professional forum for current and aspiring web professionals? Your reply using "idiot ... stupid ... moron" is not consistent with the goals of this forum.

Jim4767, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    On the other hand people claiming that .com gives an SEO advantage and don't see the negativity implied in "lot of work" could deserve those monikers ;)

Watch enough British TV and you'll find someone asking for a quote and the tradesman going "oooh, that'll be a lot of work, it'll cost you". Aside from the obvious advantages of webdesign.to that would be my main problem with that domain name.

sarahk, Sep 5, 2016 IP
  15. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you find it funny too?

fastreplies

fastreplies, Sep 5, 2016 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You do know your name isn't actually fastreplies and that your username is shown beside your post, right?

sarahk, Sep 5, 2016 IP
  17. Rachel Beckett

Rachel Beckett Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are from the city of Tonga or the target personas are from that location then webdesign.to is good otherwise, .com for a website for all audience on the internet is preferable.

Rachel Beckett, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    the city of Tonga?

It's well established that people use Tonga and Tuvalu's domains without any link to the countries. I wouldn't let the .to put you off.

sarahk, Sep 6, 2016 IP